SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
_nonchalant
Style_council
_nonchalant

Lately I’ve been bored of my hair, I never dyed it. I thought maybe about switching up the color, I’m not sure. My hair does get kind of dry. I’ve heard that dyeing your hair dries it out or even makes it fall out. Is that true? What are your experiences with it cause I’m not sure if it’s worth it. Thanks.

posted over 4 years ago
browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

If you dye it a lot, it will get very dry and thin. But if you are careful, no problem and you can look great with the change ;)

posted over 4 years ago

Sparklz
Style_council
Sparklz

I have been dying my hair for years and years! It does make it dry but you could just ensure that you are getting trims periodically! I am a definite supporter of changing up the style and color of your hair. Makes you feel refreshed!!

posted over 4 years ago

RayofSunshine91
Style_council
RayofSunshine91

i just dyed my hair this year for the first time…and i love it! everyone says that the color i pick was def the color i should have been born with. it makes it dry but get regular trims and CONDITION CONDITION CONDITION and you be ok.

posted over 4 years ago

_nonchalant
Style_council
_nonchalant

Yes, the same hair color gets boring lol. Thanks everyone :]

posted over 4 years ago

raapunzel
Style_council
raapunzel

i have waist length dyed black hair. its still full and thick, even at the bottom. i use tons of conditioner and apart from doing it black am very good to it, so the dye has not affected me negatively. if anything i would say i enjoy having it this way immensely, so for me its worth it.

perhaps if you aren’t sure of the permanence of the dye job, just go with non-permanent stuff..

posted over 4 years ago

kayl
Style_council
kayl

i was wondering the same thing…
are there any suggestions for a good at home hair dye kit?

and is it better to get it done at a salon or do it yourself?

posted over 4 years ago

heck
Style_council
heck

not worth it! unless you’ve got plenty of money to waste!

posted over 4 years ago

kuriku
Style_council
kuriku

I think it depends on what type of hair you have. I have medium – coarse hair so dying it makes is frizzy and dry and just “damaged” looking. Especially since I was really into bleaching in my younger days!

For the record, it’s taken me about 3 years of not dying my hair and taking extra good care of it to make it look normal again.

3 More Participants and PROMOTE ME GIVEAWAY ENDS

posted over 4 years ago

justluciii
Style_council
justluciii

It’s worth it if you take care of it but in the end, your natural hair is the best :)

posted over 4 years ago

JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

I’ve dyed my hair and bleached it a few times for the spur of the moment. Every time, I have regretted it. With fine hair, it was hard to handle after even if I got it done at a salon. I despise the dryness and unnatural look. I love my natural hair and will never forsaken it again!

posted over 4 years ago

ukiuki88
Style_council
ukiuki88

i think to make it worth it you have to find and stick to a good colorist so they can pick a good formulation for you. also, choosing the right color to complement your skin tone and not wash you out is important. and i think after dyeing your hair you have to think about upkeep whether you’re going to the salon for touch-ups or doing it yourself is also going to cost money/time/effort.

posted over 4 years ago

JLLedford
Style_council
JLLedford

For me its worth it because my eyebrow were always a darker color than my natural dirty blond hair, and a dark chocolate with warm tones suited my skin tone better than my cool toned hair.

I think with a little research and knowledge of what your using you can dye your hair safely without damamging it. There is a fair amount of upkeep, I do weekly deep conditioning, using only semi permanent and vegetable dyes, always use a heat protectant, and shampoo made for colored hair.

posted over 4 years ago

Eclecctic
Style_council
Eclecctic

yeh

posted over 4 years ago

Starhill
Style_council
Starhill

I have never dyed mine either

posted over 4 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

my hair hasn’t fallen out and i’ve dyed it 3 times in the past year. i like it – it’s a change as long as you don’t dye it way too often. my hair’s always been pretty dry so there was no real difference before/after.

posted over 4 years ago

Rayy
Style_council
Rayy

i dyed it a lot n have no regrets

posted over 2 years ago

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

It’s more damaging to lighten your hair than to darken it but I think it’s worth it. I dye my hair a nice auburn colour instead of my natural mousy brown/dirty blonde and my skin town looks more even and less red and my hair actually looks shinier.

posted over 2 years ago

obeychloe
Style_council
obeychloe

dying my hair makes it feel thicker and healthier. as long as you take care of it it wont fall out, bleaching causes it to fall out…not dye, dye good. (: hope this helps xoxo

posted over 2 years ago

maddiejayy
Style_council
maddiejayy

from my experience, coloring your hair doesn’t damage it too much. it’s bleaching/lightening that will really cause some damage/dryness. but you can always get moroccan oil or deep conditioning treatments to help repair dry/damaged hair!

posted over 2 years ago

bosskitty
Style_council
bosskitty

Go for it but don’t go mad. Use hot oils in your hair it’s wonderful!

posted over 2 years ago

Countnumber7
Style_council
Countnumber7

I don’t think you should if you haven’t already. You hair looks pretty as it is.

posted over 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I’ve never dyed my hair, but unless you intend to continuously re-dye your hair every couple months, I think it’ll be fine. the extent of damage depends on the dye; I think bleaching of any sort is far more damaging than just coloring.

if you’re not sure, just take advantage of the ombre trend and dye your ends—if the process damages your hair, you can just trim it off.

posted over 2 years ago

canyoupasstheglitter
Style_council
canyoupassth...

I think dying your hair is a great way to change up your appearance. I am all for it. Except dying it too often WILL make it dry and make your hair fall out. My friend dyed her whole head twice this year, and if you pull on her hair, it just comes out. I think getting your tips dyed and getting highlights are more natural.

posted over 2 years ago

itshayliebrooke
Style_council
itshayliebrooke

I think it’s worth it, especially if it’s not too dramatic of a change, for example if you went from dark brown to bleach blond, it would fall out (but not completely)

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION