Forum
SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  macmakeup
karenlouise
New_user karenlouise is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When karenlouise reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
karenlouise

Hi! I have been using L’Oreal and cover girl products for years. And now I would like to venture out and try something new. Is Mac Makeup the best to use? Your opinions please!

posted 10 months ago
KathleenCaring
Style_council
KathleenCaring

No. Of course it’s high-end and is a general great quality. However, you’ll be surprised at how many drug-store brands are equivalent for wayyyy cheaper.

http://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=makeup%20dupes
^these tips will save you so much.

But there is something wonderful about quality makeup, go to sephora there’s tons of selection.

posted 10 months ago

karenlouise
New_user karenlouise is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When karenlouise reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
karenlouise

Didn’t think about that. Thanks. What do you use most of all?.

posted 10 months ago

AnErin
Style_council
AnErin

I have used Mac liquid foundation and it is good but no better than other top end brands.

Real expensive makeup is usually better quality but NOT by the percentage of markup. Well like my two fav eyeshadows – LA Colors and Sephora – Sephora is $20 and LA Colors is $1. However, Sephora is NOT 20 times better. Maybe twice as good at best. Not worth the $$$

With the top end brands, you are paying more for name and packaging. Some top end cosmetics suck though. Like Sephora lipstick, I had so little luck with it that I threw it out and went back to maybelline.

What I typically use – Neutrogena mineral sheer powder foundation (it is so-so but works for the lazy folks like me who just want one step foundation), NK eyeliner and mascara, L’Oreal blush, LA Colors eyeshadow, maybelline lipstick.

posted 10 months ago

thisischanelle
New_user thisischanelle is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When thisischanelle reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
thisischanelle

It really depends on the particular product. MAC is generally very reliable, but everybody has their different preferences. The main advantage with MAC is that it’s affordable, comes in plenty of shades, and 99% of the time isn’t bad (even if it isn’t an amazing-super-wonder-miracle product).

posted 10 months ago

loveonthebackseat
Style_council
loveonthebac...

It depends on which products go well with your skin. Mac is popular and reliable, but if your skin is good with cheaper products, it shouldn’t matter which products you use! :D

posted 10 months ago

kitschy_
Style_council
kitschy_

I use some Mac products and they have super cool colors. However, I don’t think the quality is omgamazing. There’s good drugstore brands, too. Such as Rimmel and NYX.

posted 10 months ago

Princess12k
New_user Princess12k is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Princess12k reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Princess12k

MAC has great quality, but depends on yourself whether they work for you.

posted 10 months ago

BeautySerendipity
New_user BeautySerendipity is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When BeautySerendipity reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
BeautySerend...

MAC is known for their color and their diversity of products, not exactly their quality. But MAC will have great options as well. Use this time to explore all your options: Bobbi Brown, Clinique, and Kevyn Aucoin all make incredible foundations.

But please, whatever you do: request samples to try at home! Most cosmetic counters are equipped with sample cups. Sure, the ladies at the counter may try to pressure you to buy and return if you don’t like it but save yourself the headache and wasted dollars. Try before you buy and it will give you the chance to determine for yourself if there is something better for your skin out there. Good luck! xo

posted 9 months ago

nadineWebber
New_user nadineWebber is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When nadineWebber reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
nadineWebber

You should ask you parlor for this as she experienced various products on your face and know what is suitable for your skin. You can visit charisma beauty as well to get recommendation and to get other beauty treatments.

posted 8 months ago

VanessaWozniak
New_user VanessaWozniak is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When VanessaWozniak reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
VanessaWozniak

Contrary to popular belief, Mac has AMAZING makeup products, however, there are other products just as fabulous. I am IN LOVE with NYX cosmetics. It is extremely affordable and excellent quality. Their face cover-up type products ARE NOT as good, and I DO NOT recommend them, but there eye products and blush/ bronzers are excellent quality

For face products, revlon has some great cheap products. For high end products, amazing cosmetics has a really awesome concealer. One of my favorite powders of all time, however, is the MAC mineralize skin finish natural. It is STUNNING.

posted 8 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION