SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
lauracobb
Style_council
lauracobb

So I’m hoping to grow my hair as long as possible for this summer. It constantly breaks and is super dry and hard to manage. I have tried so many products most of which make my hair look greasy right out of the shower. This is why I try to stick to organic shampoos and conditioners because they tend to not coat my hair. I know zinc products are supposed to help hair growth but I haven’t found any organic products that have zinc in them. I have also tried a few Lush products which I love, but none have seemed to help make my hair stronger and therefor able to grow faster. I would really appreciate it if any of you guys had tips for me. Although I do try and use mostly organic products I am willing to try other things as long as they don’t build up on my hair.

Thanks guys <3

posted over 5 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I’ve got curly/wavy hair that soaks up conditioner and oil like a sponge, so I can’t offer much advice on products, but there is one thing I think is useful for any hair type: regular scalp massages.

You don’t have to use an oil or anything, just massage your scalp as if you were shampooing your hair, but for longer and perhaps more vigorously. It stimulates blood flow, so your hair will grow thicker, stronger, and ultimately longer. It also helps disperse the natural oils of your scalp so they can spread down the length of your hair and naturally moisturize them without need of extra leave-in product. (And scalp massages are also just really relaxing!). Do them on yourself or get a friend to help. (You might want to offer a trade, lol).

Also, look at the big picture: Healthy hair comes out of a healthy body. Make sure your diet is nutritious. Get your zinc from food and multivitamins, not just your hair products. You should also make sure you get a lot of B-vitamins (Vitamin B6, biotin, folic acid), fatty acids (flaxseed oil, salmon oil), and antioxidants. Also, it’s been proven that if you keep stress levels low the growth and health of your hair and nails will increase, so keep that in mind too!

posted over 5 years ago

jo_branscomb
Style_council
jo_branscomb

Clip the ends and message ur scalp and u will be fine

posted over 5 years ago

rhitbie
Style_council
rhitbie

Do you use heat styling tools? If so, you need to find a good heat protectant like this one This will prevent your hair from damaging as easily at the ends.

posted over 5 years ago

msmonea2010
Style_council
msmonea2010

Dr. Miracle

posted over 5 years ago

AsianGoddess1610
Style_council
AsianGoddess...

take alot of vitamins, dont use hot tools, and get regular trims

posted over 5 years ago

deadchique
Style_council
deadchique

I recommend vitamins and drink lots of water. Also if you say your hair is brittle and dry? Are you dying/using heat on your hair? If you dye your hair I recommend you have a professional do it for you and try not to use heat on your hair everyday. Flat irons have been shown to make the hair more brittle.

posted over 5 years ago

PurpleLabNYC
Style_council
PurpleLabNYC

Get it trimmed every 6-8 weeks. Avoid using heat products without using a heat protector first, deep condition it once a week take, and take vitamin b, biotin, and e to help boost your hair growth!

posted about 5 years ago

mavielle
Style_council
mavielle

don’t use your conditioner on ur roots, it’ll make your hair appear more oily. Never use heat tools without a protectant spray or serum, I like Tresseme’s bcus its not oily. When you shower massage your scalp to stimulate growth.

posted about 5 years ago

meg2177
Style_council
meg2177

Massage scalp, condition the tips of your hair to avoid breakage, dr. miracle

posted almost 5 years ago

the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

For serious hair growth, you really need to have a biotin supplement (luckily, a decent amount of biotin is in most prenatal vitamins, so it’s not a hard-to-get nutrient). If you want stronger hair, there are many companies that make products specifically for damage-prone hair. You’ll need to switch out as many of your regular products for hair-strengthening products as possible. Also, you may want to lay off of any serious chemicals or heat tools for a while, so that your old hair has a chance to breathe and your new hair can grown out to a sufficient length. You should also occasionally massage you scalp, but do so very gently.

posted almost 5 years ago

denycemartinez
Style_council
denycemartinez

i use pantene beautiful lengths (purple) because it has really shown improvement in the growth of my hair. my hair’s grown 2 inches in the passed 4 months!

posted over 4 years ago

SONIAP
Style_council
SONIAP

Hair is dead skin ,

i have been told eating lots of protien helps , and milk ,

I eat pulses, chicken , drink milk and my hair often grows quickly – and my nails , randomly

posted over 4 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

Definitely start taking Biotin (you can get a bottle of like 150 at Walmart for about $3) and don’t wash your hair every day. Sleeping on a silk pillow case is also supposed to be really good for your hair. I used to use Infusium 23 shampoo & conditioner and it also seemed to make my hair grow pretty fast and helped with the damage from constantly using heat tools.

posted over 4 years ago

JaquelynAurora
Style_council
JaquelynAurora

I use DOO GRO, best stuff ever! my layers used to be VERY short and this stuff helps my hair grow so fast! not to mention it helps create healthier, thicker hair :) you can get it at most professional beauty supply stores or just ask around

posted over 4 years ago

vintage_taupe
Style_council
vintage_taupe

make sure you moisturize your scalp once a week…and trying using a cleansing conditioner instead of shampoo

posted over 4 years ago

kathleeneditor
Style_council
kathleeneditor

Keep your hair healthy by eating healthy and not damaging it by heat styling too much. Regular trims help too

posted over 4 years ago

mathewhogard
New_user mathewhogard is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When mathewhogard reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
mathewhogard

Taking right vitamins and minerals can helps to keep hair healthy and to grow long hair.

posted over 4 years ago

PrincessTaniaxD
Style_council
PrincessTaniaxD

omega 3 fish oil vitamins and massage your scalp for like 3 minutes a day

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION