SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Viaudio
Style_council
Viaudio

So everytime I put on eye makeup, by the time I get to school, it has like vanished. It doesn’t crease or anything, it just disappears. So then I have to reapply it but after first period, it’s gone again. It’s such a pain.
What a dilemma!
What do you suggest I do about it?

posted almost 6 years ago
HelenZ
Style_council
HelenZ

There is an eye shadow brand called Cargo. I discovered it at Sephora after I graduated from school. It stays on my eyes forever, and doesn’t smear at all.

Aspasia
Style_council
Aspasia

I also use products from Sephora soil, are quite economic as well get the result you’re looking for.

fayeangelica
Style_council
fayeangelica

It really isn’t about the eye shadow. Any eye shadow be it drug store brands or eye end brands can last on your lids the whole day if you have a good eye shadow base. I’m a freelance makeup artist on the side and what I usually do for my clients and for myself on a daily basis is to use eye shadow bases/primers like Urban Decay Primer Potion or Benefit’s Lemon Aid or Two-Faced Shadow Insurance. What they a primer/base does is keep your eyeshadows from creasing or coming off. Some people have oily lids or live in a humid environment that cause makeup to melt so a primer helps to keep the shadow in place. Another alternative is using Mac Paint Pots or Mac Paints which come in a variety of colours. I use mac’s paint pot in painterly, its a soft beige colour so it pretty much matches my skin ton. You look fair enough so you could go with that too. You can get it at any Mac store/counter or online at Nordstroms. The First 3 I listed can be purchased at Sephora. There are reviews of primers on youtube done by professionals and everyday ppl and most of them do recommend Urban Decay Primer Potion but its really up to you to try them out and see which works for you.
Hope this helps, if you have any questions you can just send me a message and I’ll answer it.

rainelyn
Style_council
rainelyn

i have oily skin so i have the same prob. but yes, faye’s primer suggestion def works. i use mk signature eye primer : )

rainingpaperlilies
Style_council
rainingpaper...

also just dusting some foundation on your eyelids helps it stay put longer if no primer is on hand.

queenlazy
Style_council
queenlazy

Urban Decay primer potion works miracles.

nyc_fanatic
Style_council
nyc_fanatic

Agreed. I used to do the whole foundation thing to try and keep my shadow on, but that didn’t work nil. U.D. Primer Potion keeps any shadow on for all day, even when I have three-hour outdoor band practices. Also, I’ve found that loose shimmer shadow creases more; try to go for solids.

shummy
Style_council
shummy

Agree about the primer potion.
I don’t have much problems with eyeshadow but my eyeliner migrates south.
With UDPP, my liner stays put!
I have heard it’s drying n some people though.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION