Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

Hiya!

My hair is naturally a dark brown and I absolutely love it. But, I want to change my hair and just try something new that doesn’t require cutting my hair. So, I stumbled upon this girl’s YouTube and she had this wonderful ashy blonde/light brown hair that I have fallen in love with.

So, my question is, how exactly can I go from this: http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m15nkc5bED1qc7bqwo1_500.png

to this?: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m19phgPEwE1qc7bqwo1_500.png

Of course I will need to bleach my hair to get it light enough to dye it that color, but I would love recommendations for brands of dye and bleach and if I should go to a salon, do it myself, or go take up my friend’s offer to do my hair as a cosmetology student.

Thanks!

posted over 2 years ago
Style4TheCamera
Style_council
Style4TheCamera

Hair stylist here, so hope I can help. :)

Your hair looks like a Level 5. The hair of the other girl looks to be about a Level 8. To get 3 levels of lift, you will most definitely need to use bleach. For an all over color like that, I would not recommend doing it yourself. It’s way too hard to find the right color and especially if you’re lifting three levels. Trust me, you won’t be happy.

You can go to a salon and have it done, but it will probably be pricey. Having it done by a cosmetology student is the next best thing! They get to use all the professional products, but without the steep price tag. Plus, they will be monitored by licensed cosmetologists so you can rest assure that your hair will be looked after.

Make sure to print the photo and bring it in with you and describe what you like about it and if you’d like anything to be different. Ask them to see their color swatch book so you can find a good match and then have fun! :)

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

They actually make a hair dye to do that! It’s specially formulated for dark hair and simply lightens it. You might try L’Oreal Preference Les True Brunettes . I would recommend talking to your stylist or someone at a professional beauty supply store first, tho. They will know what will work best on your hair.

posted over 2 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

bleach! but I actually adore your hair color right now, so keep it:):)

posted over 2 years ago

MyAlexasStore
Style_council
MyAlexasStore

Professional only! You don’t want to regret it especially with long hair.

posted over 2 years ago

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

@catiekat oh really? Awesome, I’ll check it out.

posted over 2 years ago

obsessed1302
Style_council
obsessed1302

Def go to a professional anytime you are dealing with a difference like that. and when it comes to bleach. Your color now is gorgeous though…

posted over 2 years ago

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

So, update! My friend, who is a cosmetology student, really wants to make me this: http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lenxn8mbyQ1qg48m9o1_500.jpg

Which I love just as much as the blonde. And, I’ve always wanted to be a real redhead, so to this color I will go!

Thanks all!

posted over 2 years ago

mercik
Style_council
mercik

playing with hair color is fun but I like your color also

posted over 2 years ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

go to a stylist…he could help you

posted about 2 years ago