SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Jenmeli8
Style_council
Jenmeli8

So someone asked me how I take care of my hair.
I don’t really do much except shampoo it, but I also don’t shower everyday.
Sounds a bit gross, but it’s true. I shower every other day and it helps.
There is a type of shampoo I prefer to use and that is “Suave: almond and shea butter”
It really does work and is not that expensive to buy. I do recommend it to anyone.

What do you do to take care of your hair?

posted over 2 years ago
BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

I also only shower every other day, I’m trying to cut back to every third day now that it’s getting longer but I hate walking around with it feeling even a bit greasy. I tend to splurge on nice shampoos because i really feel the difference. I don’t really stick to any particular brands but some that I am a fan of are Renee Fulturer, Keratase, and Aveda. I use conditioner, and try not to blow dry unless I have to leave right away and its cold outside or something.

As far as other products, I’m not into mouse/gel and stuff, sometimes I’ll put some shine serum in but usually not. Also, I sometimes put a drop of Lush Leave-in Conditioner on the ends while they’re still damp. And I also put on a Phyto Anti-Ageing Serum once a week and do a Lush Henna Treatment Mask every 3-4 weeks (that stuff is amazing for makign hair strong and shiny!!!)

posted over 2 years ago

New_user 263161 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 263161 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I shower most days, but I wash my hair every other day with Suave Professionals Shampoo and Conditioner. It has helped my hair’s condition improve, and it makes my hair feel soft and silky and light. I occasionally use an anti-frizz hair serum because the humidity over here in Indiana and my hair don’t collide well. ahah.

posted over 2 years ago

Ponyroux
Style_council
Ponyroux

I agree; showering every day kills your hair! If I’m feeling gross I’ll shower without washing it. Usually I shampoo really quickly (like 15 seconds max) and I’ll leave conditioner in for a good 5 mins. After getting out I wrap my hair in a towel and put some leave-in conditioner in. I let it air dry or blow dry it with warm air (I use the HANAair Hair Dryer) My hair’s been really good to me lately. It used to be really short but since I’ve stopped styling it as much as I used to, it’s grown in nicely and it’s always really soft. I definitely think you should let your hair get oily though, that’s the easiest way to keep it healthy. I also rub my scalp to release oils :P That sometimes helps. Suave Professionals is a great brand (totally second IvanaInsanity).

Yasmeen
Castle Fashion

posted over 2 years ago

Chris213
Style_council
Chris213

I wash my hair every other day (and dry shampoo in-between washes.) This also helps my hair because I don’t have to use heat on it every day. I use a deep conditioner once a week, and some kind of leave in conditioner/treatment in my hair after every wash. I use a heat protectant before I straighten my hair, and I always air dry my hair, I never use a blow dryer.

posted over 2 years ago

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I wash it with shampoo and conditioner every other day and that’s about it. Sometimes I’ll put some hairspray, though that’s pretty rare

posted over 2 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

I shampoo and condition every other day and sometimes between two days. On days I don’t shower, I use dry shampoo. I like using loreals ever pure line, makes my hair less frizzy and coarse. I let my hair air dry and use chi silk infusion sometimes.

posted over 2 years ago

ettikajewelry
Style_council
ettikajewelry

I take care of my hairs by giving proper oil massage to my skull at proper intervals.

posted over 2 years ago

BloomingStars
Style_council
BloomingStars

Well, I have a bath everyday too. And I wash my hair at least 2 times a week with shampoo and conditioner. But if you use conditioner , make sure you put it on your ends of your hair, thats where the most part of your hair is dry. And dont apply it on your root all the time because it could make your hair greasy,depending on your hair type. And I try and not use alot of heat to style my hair.

posted over 2 years ago

FashionTrendsMore
Style_council
FashionTrend...

I shampoo every other day and condition every day. Once or twice a month I will use a deep conditioner. Usually I shower at night, leave my hair wet and wear it how it is in the morning- I don’t even brush it in the morning! It turns out pretty though:)

posted over 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I shower every other day too—when I washed my hair every day, it would get really greasy. I use a shampoo without SLES/SLS (too harsh on my skin) and a regular conditioner. other sleeping with my hair in a bun, I don’t do anything to it.

I have like six different dry shampoos, but none of them impressed me. I’m still on a quest to find the perfect dry shampoo lol

posted over 2 years ago

lu_pe
Style_council
lu_pe

Shampoo and condition my hair every other night! Sometimes I try to go another day without washing my hair (on a day that i’m suppose to wash) to try to get my natural oils to spread out on my hair. Always use heat protection when I’m using heat!

posted over 2 years ago

Mrs_V
Style_council
Mrs_V

I also don’t wash my hair every day, every other day to every two days, when I don’t I use dry shampoo. I usually leave my conditioner on for a few minutes. I don’t use a lot of products on my hair, just on rare occasions, and a heat protector on the sparing times I use an iron.

posted over 2 years ago

maddiejayy
Style_council
maddiejayy

I usually shower every day, but I don’t wash my hair every day. I only wash my hair like 2-3 times a week. I do a lot of leave in deep conditioning treatments though since I’m in the process of getting my hair to platinum, which really dries it out. I also use platinum shampoo to help tone it and get out the brassiness.

posted about 2 years ago

Bennie52491
Style_council
Bennie52491

I wash my hair once a week and I keep it covered in the shower and when I sleep

posted about 2 years ago

Sakhi
Style_council
Sakhi

I wash my hair every 2 – 3 days. And I use ancient formulae amla hair oil. It really helps my hair.

posted about 2 years ago

BeckyBedbug
Style_council
BeckyBedbug

I used to wash my hair every 3 days or so, until I straightened it last week and started my beehive. Since then, I’ve just been using dry shampoo on it. I’m hoping to be able to keep it like this so I will probably just wash it once a week and top up with dry shampoo in between.

posted about 2 years ago

eucalya
Style_council
eucalya

i wash my hair every 3 days i think (sometimes a little bit more often). I straighten my hair a lot so i use deep moisturizing products: i use conditionner every time i wash my hair, and a mask 2 or 3 times a week

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION