StephaniePorzio
Style_council
StephaniePorzio

I tried but i wake up grouchy!

posted about 4 years ago
AccordingToIng
Style_council
AccordingToIng

Do you use those soft sponge like curlers? They’re not too uncomfortable and they do the job quite well

posted about 4 years ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

I don’t really sleep when I have curlers, it’s very uncomfortable and it drives me crazy!

posted about 4 years ago

victoriaegan
New_user victoriaegan is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When victoriaegan reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
victoriaegan

I usually put a shower cap on top, it seems to help a bit. There are different curler types you can get to help the pain though! Sponge ones are really good, and theres ones that are more like long twistable curlers too. I also do a thing where i put on a tight headband, grab sections of hair, twist them and then tuck them under the headband with bobby pins. That does the same effect but its not as painful!

posted about 4 years ago

ourMode
Style_council
ourMode

It’s not really comfortable, but if you use the soft spongy ones they’re much more bearable than the plastic ones.

[www.ourmode.ca]

posted about 4 years ago

NakednHungry
Style_council
NakednHungry

Just can’t do it! I would rather wake up earlier and do my hair than attempt to sleep in curlers.

posted about 4 years ago

gwynethbg
Style_council
gwynethbg

soft sponge curlers.. they have those at japanese dollar stores like daiso…

posted about 4 years ago

AlisonRose
Style_council
AlisonRose

sleep on your belly if you can or buy a pillow that allows you to sink your head it, it usually helps. (: Or try sock/baby wipe curls.

posted almost 4 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

if you just want wavy hair, put your hair in a topknot before you go to bed. otherwise, I would recommend not sleeping with curlers—it just seems more uncomfortable than its worth. hot rollers, or even steam curlers, give you the same results in like 15 minutes.

posted almost 4 years ago

topazann
New_user topazann is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When topazann reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
topazann

Old topic, want to up !

I've been experimenting with curlers over the years. I've tried those soft spongy ones where you can twist the ends (comfy) and the regular round spongy curlers (not so comfy). I've tried pin curls (comfy if I use bobby pins) and now I'm gonna try the paper ones that are suggested in the my lovely hairstyle source  http://newaylook.com/best-pinup-hairstyles/ I started using hot rollers instead because I was trying to look "beautiful" for my hubby. But I find that my hair doesn't hold the curls as well. So what's more important, my hubby trying to kiss a head full of curlers in the middle of the night or a great hairstyle? Hmmm...well my hair of course!

posted 2 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION