SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
WonderAve
Style_council
WonderAve

When most people say they struggle with their weight, they want to lose it. I NEED to gain it. I’ve always been super slim and when I try to work out I don’t gain any muscle. Now I have a health issue that makes it even harder to gain weight. So how do I do it in a healthy way?

posted almost 5 years ago
Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Opt for calorie (but nutritious) dense foods… I’m not really sure.

cem90
Style_council
cem90

I agree with jiebao. Talk to a doctor.
And eat protein, but don’t get crazy with it.

Indy2010
Style_council
Indy2010

Yea definitely speak to your doctor and a nutritionist.

Most likely they will put you on a program that consist of more healthy calories and a exercise routine.

It depends on the individual and what exactly you want and age.

(doctor, nutritionist, personal trainer)

WonderAve
Style_council
WonderAve

My doctor never tells me anything.

msmichelle
Style_council
msmichelle

Definitely don’t load up on junk food or fast food to gain weight.

Up your calories significantly with Good Carbs (whole wheat) bread, pastas etc.

But yeah….google “healthy way to gain weight” if your doctor isn’t giving you any advice. There are some sites out there that are run by doctors. Just make sure they are legit :)

Michelle
ifihadamuse.blogspot.com

solybBy
Style_council
solybBy

I deal with the same thing, my advice dont skip any meals. Eat 3 full meals daily and maybe some snacks in between. Dont pile up on junk, sometimes people think thats all they need.

posted over 4 years ago

LovelyFreak
Style_council
LovelyFreak

I have the same problem. It’s better to eat 5 or 6 balanced meals, rather then 3 large meals. Try eating more protein-based foods like beef and chicken. Good luck!

LovelyFreak

posted over 4 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

eat lots of protein : ) meat is good for you! i just ran a lot in junior high, so i have really muscular legs. i also sword fought (no, not weakling fencing) so that helped build my arms.

posted over 4 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

Protein and carbohydrates would probably be your best bet. Stuff like red meats, potatoes, bread, pasta. Mixed with lots of vitamins and fibre your diet would probably be fine and you’ll gain weight and stay healthy.

posted over 4 years ago

amazingrace245
Style_council
amazingrace245

Try to eat more calories than you burn. You should still be exercising but tone it down. Look up what kinds of foods have the most calories in them. If I were you I would go on fitday.com it can help!
but Also try to stay healthy, if you want muscle weight, eat protein, not just carbs.
good luck

posted over 4 years ago

bluecherry
Style_council
bluecherry

Try to eat calorie dense foods like nuts, cheese, dried fruit, full fat yogurt, healthy carbs (whole grain), peanut butter, and other high calorie but healthy foods. Also if you’re in great need to gain weight then you should try drinking Ensure. Hope this helps!

posted over 4 years ago

babygurlpoint5
Style_council
babygurlpoint5

yes, good carbs are best. Also, spirutein shake powder is also good for gaining weight…have a shake with a meal. They are delitious and are all natural too. GNC nutrition centers used to carry the stuff- I used it as a dietary supplement in high school. not sure if they still carry it, but its worth a shot.

posted over 4 years ago

MIchelleMcDaniel
Style_council
MIchelleMcDa...

Eat bananas! High in calories

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

WonderAve, it’s possible you’re not asking your doctor the right questions, but really you probably just need to get a new doctor! see if he will give you a referal to a dietician, and if he won’t then difinitely find a new doctor.

Like other girls have said, calories are key, but avoid “empty” calories like candy, soda, and other junk foods. Eat things that are high in protein, calories, complex carbs, and vitamins. Make it a goal to eat more unsaturated fats, and avoid saturated ones, which are hard on your arteries, etc.

posted over 2 years ago

Andreea21
Style_council
Andreea21

i wish i had ur problem :(

posted over 2 years ago

itshayliebrooke
Style_council
itshayliebrooke

I have a similar problem as well! I have always been very small, and nothing that I would do worked. Right now I am making an effort to eat lots of protien, carbs, and fiber. Eating tons of fats and sugars however, won’t work. I would say, since you said that your doctor isn’t helping, you should definatley contact a nutritionist. Best of luck!!

posted over 2 years ago

Idhren
Style_council
Idhren

Yeah, absolutely stay away from junkfood and sweets and so on, they’re not any better for you just because it’s hard for you to gain weight. Eat nuts and seeds, even beans, they have plenty of healthy fats and energy, plus some fiber that is also good for you. You can also try hemp seed oil or other healthy oils, they are packed with calories. Of course that is not all: try to add more proteins. You can also try to build muscles, as they weigh more and require you to eat more calories aswell. Maybe if you have the chance you can ask a personal trainer to draw you a programme or see a nutrisionist?

And then again, if your weight isn’t causing you too much problems, don’t take it TOO seriously. People have enormous pressures these days to not be too fat and not too skinny. It’s all a bunch of bullocks: little overweight or slightly underweight won’t kill anyone.

posted over 2 years ago

Unsocialite
Style_council
Unsocialite

A doctor might prescribe a supplement for you, if you ask for options.

In addition, there are different workouts to help you bulk up. Two ways: toning lean muscle, or building muscle. I’ve found that higher weights with lower repitition makes you “bulk up,” while lower weights with more reptition cause your muscles to tone, as opposed to build.
While working out, you’ll also need to up your calorie intake. Exercise burns a bunch of calories, so you’ll need to eat more, but do it healthy with lean meats, fats, and oils.
If you have the money, then have a quick session with a nutritionist and trainer. Make sure that they are both aware of your plans to gain weight.

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION