SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
jaceface
Style_council
jaceface

So, I was browsing the web a few days ago and came across this website which was promoting horse shampoo for making human hair grow faster and stronger.

Has anyone had experience with this?

What are your thoughts?

JACEFACE x

posted almost 4 years ago
Rubyonfire
Style_council
Rubyonfire

Really?!? I would be skeptical, if it really works and is safe for use on people, giant shampoo makers like Unilever and CP would have bought the formula and market it already. Might contain some hormones, maybe?!?

jaceface
Style_council
jaceface

Hmm yeah I was thinking about the side effects, I wouldn’t fancie waking up with a beard! ha

hadelicious
Style_council
hadelicious

It’s called “Mane ’n Tail”.
I’ve mostly heard good reviews about it. Its very conditioning thus strengthens your hair and allows it to be healthier; so an increase in the rate of hair growth is much more visible than when using regular human shampoo. I’ve even seen it at my local hair salon and they sell it there. I’m actually thinking about getting a small bottle and trying it out since I’ve crazy curly hair which I believe is worse than horse hair ha!

Cloots
Style_council
Cloots

I’ve used mane and tail before. My boyfriends mom used to buy it for him actually, as it was cheap and widely available (at least here it is).
It wasn’t yucky at all, It was just regular shampoo.
never woke up any more hirstute than when I went to bed :)

I never heard about It helping your hair grow or making it stronger, and honestly didn’t notice any dramatic difference when using It. I still prefer other shampoo.
Of course I only used a bit and not consistently. It may work for you.

lalalahoppx
Style_council
lalalahoppx

I used to use that for hair growth. Talk to me about hair growth, I’ve tried EVERYTHING in the book. Literally.

Anyways, it made my hair way greasy and stringy. I wouldn’t recommend. I do recommend however tea tree oil shampoo from trader joes which can help stimulate the scalp and get rid of itch..it has peppermint oil so it tingles..I love it :)

p.s. Im not sure if anything I have used for hair growth has worked, my hair has definitely grown though since last year.

LauraWolfhart
New_user LauraWolfhart is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When LauraWolfhart reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
LauraWolfhart

I know horse shampoo makes hair shiny and strong as it’s designed to make the horse’s coats sleek and shiny. But they do use a few chemicals that can be too overwhelming for human hair. It’s better to stimulate hair growth with natural oils such as Argan oil. I personally use Pro naturals moroccan argan oil and it’s been fantastic! Fuller hair, shiny, strong, better color and just healthier overall :)

posted about 2 years ago

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

Mane n’ tail. i’ve never used it, but i’d like to try it out. it’s cheap and i know american apparel sells it.

posted about 2 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

That’s good too know I wanted to try

posted about 2 years ago

ninafouche
Style_council
ninafouche

I’ve heard that it doesn’t make your hair faster, it just makes it a lot stronger and shinier.

posted about 2 years ago

claudiakitten
Style_council
claudiakitten

I’ve used mane n tail before and I didn’t really see a difference in lenth but it did make my hair alot stronger.I gues I was just expecting it grow within a week which is impossible

posted about 2 years ago

longhaircare
New_user longhaircare is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When longhaircare reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
longhaircare

Yeah some people say it makes their hair grow but that’s just an old wives tale. You can tell by looking at the label. It doesn’t have any ingredients that actually help hair grow (biotin, protein, etc). Stick to hair formula 37 and argan or coconut oil.

posted over 1 year ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Nothing can make your hair grow longer besides your own biology. Eating well, staying hydrated, and taking vitamins can make your hair stronger and healthier, but nothing you apply to your hair will really change it because the hair shaft is dead.

posted over 1 year ago

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I have long hair myself and have personally tried it myself. It didn’t really work for me. I just felt like another shampoo

posted over 1 year ago

baileyr
New_user baileyr is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When baileyr reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
baileyr

You can buy mane n tail super cheap at tack stores! It’s great if you have thicker, dry hair. Since I’ve started using it, every other shampoo seems to dry out my hair and I have to rely on conditioner to do damage control, however I naturally have thick curly mane. It’s worth a try and is super handy if you have pets and they need an impromptu bath. The best part is that you can use the conditioner as a leave-in, and can apply it right to the scalp without greasiness.

posted over 1 year ago

misstheo
Style_council
misstheo

never heard of this

posted over 1 year ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

I don’t think this is safe..

posted over 1 year ago

dsunset
New_user dsunset is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When dsunset reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
dsunset

Mane & Tail is just a regular shampoo and doesn’t have anything in it that helps hair grow faster. To do that you’d need to use a shampoo with biotin and protein in it like hair formula 37 (http://www.hairformula37.com/grow.htm) or exotic allure (http://www.exoticallure.com/accelerate.htm)

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION