SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
nyc_fanatic
Style_council
nyc_fanatic

I have naturally wavy, past-shoulder length hair. My roots get oily often but my hair also looks dry. I don’t have color-treated or permed hair or anything, so why does it look so boring? It’s never shiny! I currently use Neutrogena T-Gel and Aussie Aussome Volume shampoo/conditioner. Does anyone have any ideas?
Plus, can someone tell me how to style my hair by leaving it wavy? If I shower and let it air dry, it looks super wavy. I think it looks pretty, but my mom and sister say it kind of looks like I just woke up. Any suggestions on how to make it look wavy in a cute and non-messy way?

posted about 6 years ago
classytrash
Style_icon
classytrash

Mmm, yes, I am familiar with this oily roots, dry strands phenomenon. What I do is use Frizz-Ease after a shower on every part of my hair except the roots. Then I apply Rusk thick Volumizing Spray (AMAZING, btw) to my roots & blow dry to get volume, but I leave the strands wet. I also blow dry my bangs. Then I go to sleep & voila =) I didn’t do it last night & my hair is a mess right now, really. But when I do this routine before I go to bed, the waves come out a bit more defined & uniform instead of just a messy wavy head. You could also diffuse your strands & then sleep on them which I do sometimes using L’Oreal StudioFX curl defining spray which kind of sucks – I like Aveda Sap Moss spray about a million times more & plan on going back to it once I finish this L’Oreal crap. I’ve tried every scrunching spray under the moon (Thermasilk, Aussie, Paul Mitchell, Aveda, Garnier, etc.) & Aveda definitely is the best.
Hope this helps! Sorry it’s crazy long.

posted about 6 years ago

nyc_fanatic
Style_council
nyc_fanatic

Thanks so much! I’ll try this style. :)

posted about 6 years ago

ksiushal
New_user ksiushal is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When ksiushal reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
ksiushal

YOU Require

1 egg

2 table spoons of castor oil
1 tea spoon of glycerin
1 tea spoon of vinegar
​What to do?

Mix 1 egg, 2 table spoons of castor oil, 1 tea spoon of glycerin and 1 tea spoon of vinegar. Apply to hair, wrap it with warm towel and leave for 40 minutes. Wash hair with shampoo

- See more at: http://beauty-hair.yzi.me/recipes/recipes/castro_oil#sthash.Qtd1wO2E.dpuf

posted over 1 year ago

gwynethbg
Style_council
gwynethbg

i think my hair may be similar to yours. i have hella oily roots but the ends are dry and split. ive been wanting to try dry shampoo to control the oil and add volume… but haven’t really tried it out yet…

posted over 1 year ago

LeslieHenson
New_user LeslieHenson is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When LeslieHenson reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
LeslieHenson

hope there is most effective treatment for hair gets dry. i also have that problem, everyday i put conditioner but its still the same, ugh… any suggestion please.

posted over 1 year ago

ketty77
New_user ketty77 is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When ketty77 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
ketty77

My hair is looking so bad It’s very dry and never shining . I think livon shampoo is good for hair shining .
Thanks .
http://nycsalomon.com/procedures.html

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION