SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
IndigoWhisper
Style_council
IndigoWhisper

Since I moved to another town my hair has totally changed. It’s been a year now, and my hair is flat and often greasy. It doesn’t keep a nice fresh smell for too long after I wash it. I used to have long super curly, healthy hair. It got straight and more greasy, it changed it’s structure. Please recommend home remedies, tricks , things o do with my nutrition, habits, recommend a shampoo or anything. I’m getting desperate. Please help!
Thank you!

posted over 4 years ago
classytrash
Style_icon
classytrash

Hey lady! The same thing happened to my hair when I moved to a dryer climate. It got really thin and greasy even though it used to be thick and wavy. I’m sure it has something to do with less humidity.

I know that to make hair thick it needs lots of protein so you can find this in foods you eat and in shampoo. You also need to clarify your scalp which a lot of exfoliating shampoos can help to do.

Do you use conditioner? If you have oily hair, you can skip out on it. Here’s what I do -

What I use: Lush BIG Shampoo combined with Lush Cynthia Silvia Stout Shampoo

Big has sea salt which cleanses and clarifies the hair and the little salts exfoliate your scalp. I used to have a problem with dandruff but I don’t anymore since I started using this. The thing about the sea salt is that it can sometimes be drying, so I combine it with Cynthia Silvia Stout which is made from organic beer (haha) and it’s SUPER moisturizing. It also has protein in it from the beer.

I don’t wash my hair everyday, probably just once every 2 days depending on how gross I feel. I also don’t use conditioner. I only wash my hair in the shower. After I get out, I’ll use Lush R&B Hair Moisturizer (literally just the tip of my finger’s worth) and put it JUST on the ends of my hair, never on my scalp.

I’ve never been so happy with a shampoo before and my hair is back to its giant self. I hope this helps! You should remember two things for flat greasy hair – don’t condition in the shower and if you do use a light conditioner, Sebastian makes a good one (Sebastian by Sebastian Light Conditioner). Protein is good to have in your diet and on your hair, and always stay hydrated and well rested. Biotin and Keratin (sp?) are also good with your hair but I haven’t been able to find a vegan version of this stuff.

Hope this helps!!!

posted over 4 years ago

Bombonica
Style_council
Bombonica

your hair changed because of the weather and pollution. you can use products that contain citrus, nettle, you can rinse your hair with vinegar (about 100 ml/ half a glass) diluted with water

posted over 4 years ago

amoebaeinwedges
Style_council
amoebaeinwedges

i occasionally get greasy hair – i used johnson and johnson baby shampoo and it does help

posted over 4 years ago

sparkle13222
Style_council
sparkle13222

use loose powder to cover up greasy spots and spray perfume on powder brush and brush through strands lightly to leave them smelling nice all day

posted about 4 years ago

Myaker
Style_council
Myaker

Baby powder!h

posted about 4 years ago

ewitscaroline
Style_council
ewitscaroline

Baby powder works wonders! You just have to make sure that it’s rubbed in.

posted about 4 years ago

sophiaa
Style_council
sophiaa

Try to wash your hair every second day and use Loreal Elevive

posted about 4 years ago

myblueberrymind
Style_council
myblueberrymind

yes yes
johnson baby shampoo is great for gresy hair

posted about 4 years ago

roxthefox
Style_council
roxthefox

Good call on the baby powder!

posted about 4 years ago

Lollipopx3
Style_council
Lollipopx3

I second the dry shampoo it does wonders…can go a week without needing to wash my hair when I’m super busy.

posted about 4 years ago

himayapapaya
Style_council
himayapapaya

try using a dry shampoo, but if you don’t want to go out and purchase some..try using a bit of baby powder on your roots and combing it through your hair. Use a little bit at a time to avoid looking ridiculous and slowly build on it until you have your desired amount of shine in your hair.

posted about 4 years ago

AshtreeMeadows
Style_council
AshtreeMeadows

I love using dry shampoo or baby powder. It really helps me out on the days that I sleep in and don’t have enough time to wash my hair. Dry shampoo adds major volume to my hair.

posted about 4 years ago

ambersweet
Style_council
ambersweet

Dry shampoo, but invest in a good one. I had this one called unite that was just amazing and I think it’s around 30 dollars, but I haven’t seen it around. Tresumme makes this one called Fresh Start and it isn’t really great, but works I suppose? Actually it leaves your hair feeling unnatural so you might want to stay away from that. It kind of leaves your hair looking a little grey too.

posted about 4 years ago

stephanielynette
Style_council
stephanielyn...

I agree with dry shampoo :)

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION