SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
hayleymedlen
Style_council
hayleymedlen

So my hair is super curly and out of control. I’m always dealing with frizz, and it just frustrates the hell out of me. This is what my natural hair looks like, just less neat and more frizz. lol. http://assets1.pulsdcdn.com/system/images/7419/original/curly-hair.jpg?1287523435
Do you guys know any cute styles that might work? Please don’t reccomend straightening because my hair is also super thick and it takes about 4 hours to straighten by myself. Haha. ( thats my natural hair straightened in my pic.) I have a date tonight at the fair !!!! :)

posted almost 3 years ago
fairyland
Style_council
fairyland

I wish I could help, but unfortunately I have the same problem.:(
You can’t really try many hairstyles with curly hair… Sometimes I do a sideway braid (or i used to when my hair was longer). It actually looks pretty good(: Also I’ve tried a sideway ponytail. It creates crazy style! You can try a sideway bun too! this is how i made it with my hair -http://i53.tinypic.com/35dara1.jpg

i hope i helped u. Even if curly hair is just the worst thing ever!:D

Sydrocka84
Style_council
Sydrocka84

Hayley
I think you should embrass you curly texturse. I have extremely tightly coiled hair and for girls like us the more we straighten our hait the more it becomes dry frizzy and damaged. I think you should stay away from the hot tools and and overdose on leave in conditioners and your hair will start to look and feel better with less frizz as for styles.
Scarfs are my best friend, check out taren 916 on youtube she has some massivly curly hair and styles it so cute on cam.
Goodluck

blueviolet725
Style_council
blueviolet725

I did the whole thing from tv with the lady that specializes in curly hair…used the conditioner, put in the gell, let it dry naturally…but if I worked out, or had to shower later in the day, it was dinner time and I still had damp hair. SO now, it is cut off….super short on the sides, and as messy as it wants to be on top…I may even get a lightening bolt shaved in this summer. freedom.
but if you want to grow it long and let it be curly, you have to embrase the mess. put the goo on and then leave it alone. I had people stop me because they loved it (and paid money to try and get it….) but in the end after years of it, I got tired of it…

moddolly
Shop_seller_2 moddolly is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
moddolly

Top if the head knot, or scruffy bun

larnold20
Style_council
larnold20

you should start with a good haircut. long layers for curly hair works best as it will provide some weight to hold the curl down and not create a giant poofy hairdo! I use creams and mousse from garnier fructis when wet and then apply more as it dries to tame the frizz. Braiding the front and pinning it back is always cute same with a half up/half down style and just wearing a cute headband. I love ones with bows and flowers which can really play up the romantic image of curls

sassyxclassy
Style_council
sassyxclassy

Embrace your beautiful locks, girl! I have curly hair too and I found that using the Tresemme Curly Hair products tame my curls and keep them bouncy.

hayleymedlen
Style_council
hayleymedlen

Thanks so much guys. All of your advice has been so useful! Have any of you heard of the french ponytail? I think it’s a great way to play up the classic pony.

LUVAct101
Style_council
LUVAct101

Oh I love the french pony!!!! I really love the fishtail braid, actually with your hair it’d be easier to do, because it’d be easier to separate strands of your hair, you should try it!

style__dynamite
Style_council
style__dynamite

I have really really super curly hair. Curly hair is easier to manage when it is short. Mine used to be up to my jaw line. It is a perfect length. I wouldn’t reccomend going much shorter than that. I changed my style again after that and it looks really good. I have my hair a shoulderish length at the front, then as it goes round the back it gets shorter and is layered. Talk to your hairdresser! If you want something different, they’ll do something that is perfect for you hair! They will understand!

go to (no spaces) style dynamite. blog spot. com

HotPants
Style_council
HotPants

high messy bun. low bun and add feathers. fishtail braid. side braid. half up half down. all down and bring the front pieces back by braiding them or twisting them, secure with bobby pins.

also, buy a satin pillow case. dryer sheets help a little with flyaways. pure, unrefined coconut oil is your best friend. try not to use gel, it’s terrible for your hair. don’t pull it back when it’s wet, it breaks the hair. use sulfate and sodium hydroxide free shampoos and any other thing you may put in your hair. also, this may sound weird, but try leave in conditioners from the ethnic aisle. they know where it’s at haha

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

wear it natural, it`s lovely

posted about 2 years ago

lesmers
New_user lesmers is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When lesmers reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
lesmers

A style I like to do when my hair is out of control is the milkmaid braid. It’s simple, and when you frame your face with your curly locks, it’s so lovely. With a red lip and cat eye… Meow!;)

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION