SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
wowjackie
Style_council
wowjackie

My hair is currently by my collar bone, but I want to grow it down to the bottom of my rib cage.
Is there any tips on growing long hair/keeping hair healthy?

posted over 5 years ago
msmandyrichelle
Style_council
msmandyrichelle

As much as you and I both would like to hear it, there’s not magic answer for long hair quickly. You just have to take care of the hair you have, and make sure you take a good multi-vitamin every day.

Don’t let your hair dry out, wash it every other day if not every third day, and if you must use heat (straighteners, curling irons, hair dryers), make sure you’re using a heat protection on it. Some kind of straightening gel or something you put in when it’s damp. There’s a forum describing the “no-poo-do” on here which I’m thinking about trying so I would read that as well :) And as far as vitamins go, I use GNC women’s ultra-nourish hair. They’re a little pricey and smell awful but they just might work. If you’re shampooing get a really good conditioner! Aveda’s damage remedy is magical…as well as all Aveda products.

Sorry I wrote you a book I hope you can get some helpful tips from it.

posted over 5 years ago

New_user 41457 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 41457 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

almonds are good for hair! i eat them everyday as a snack. At Trader Joes they have snack sized packs.

posted over 5 years ago

BeijingBelle
Style_council
BeijingBelle

I actually put orange oil on the lower half of my hair once a week. It works wonders as a deep conditioner. All you do it let it sit for about 20 minutes, then get in the shower and shampoo and condition like normal. As long as you rinse all the oil out, you’re left with shiny, healthy air that isn’t greasy or weighed down like one would think.

This works well with olive oil too!

posted over 5 years ago

michaelstevens92
Style_council
michaelsteve...

Prenatle Vitimins are said to work.

posted over 5 years ago

Roxx
Style_council
Roxx

I wrote an article a couple of weeks back about my experience growing out my hair. Maybe it will help you: http://roxxanaifrim.blogspot.ro/2013/08/having-long-hair-my-experience-and-tips.html

posted 10 months ago

angelspark
Style_council
angelspark

sesame seeds (black ones)

posted 10 months ago

nadineWebber
New_user nadineWebber is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When nadineWebber reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
nadineWebber

You should use fast hair growing shampoo to lengthen your hairs. Also do oiling before washing them. Visit your beauty salon regularly and get head wash and spa as this will maintain quality and prevents split-ends. Split-ends stop them from growing.

posted 10 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION