Forum
SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
emmafromlondon
New_user emmafromlondon is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When emmafromlondon reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
emmafromlondon

I really want to make my hair the color auburn, but my mum won’t let me because she says the harsh chemicals will fry out my hair. Is there any way to get the reddish color without the frying?

posted about 3 years ago
sequinpeaches
Style_council
sequinpeaches

dying your hair a color like auburn will not fry your hair. especially if you use a demi-permanent dye like natural instincts.

posted about 3 years ago

BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

there’s also henna hair dyes as well

posted about 3 years ago

fashionophile
Style_council
fashionophile

i’m not sure, but the chictopia blog did a good article about dying hair: http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/497155-Should+I+Dye+My+Hair-hot-pink-hair-dye-accessories

posted about 3 years ago

darlingcb
Style_council
darlingcb

Well, it depends on your current shade! If you are going from dark to light, then you may have to lighten it in order for the color to hold and look the shade you want it and that will cause damage! If your hair is already light then it won’t cause as much damage, but you have to keep in mind that dying your hair is a chemical process unless you use something that isn’t permanent, and chemically altering your hair can damage it, however the dyes they make nowadays are better about also keeping hair moisturized! Don’t go with the cheapest dye though! I’d say if you are hesitant, then start with a semi permanent color that will wash out after about 10 washes, just to make sure you are ready to commit to the color! This should also keep your mom at ease!

posted about 3 years ago

S_agapoxxx
Style_council
S_agapoxxx

Be careful which dye you use…some won’t damage your hair. Just research it first!

posted about 3 years ago

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

What about a rinse. It is not permanent so if you dont like you dont have to worry about changing the color. The only down fall is that it has to be done right or you have have problems like the color running on your clothes.

posted almost 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION