SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

I’m planning on growing my hair halfway down my back, does anyone have any tips for growing strong and healthy hair?

I’ve heard that massaging your scalp when you shampoo/condition helps growth and washing hair every few days instead of everyday is also a good start for healthy hair.

posted over 2 years ago
priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I have long hair and I know that almond oil could possibly be your best friend. You use it mainly on your tips then go up. It makes your hair stronger, healthier, shinier, and longer. You only need to apply it about twice a month.

posted over 2 years ago

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

Don’t use a shampoo with sodium laurel sulfate, it is absolutely horrible for your hair. Go for all natural products. Also, massaging your scalp period helps your hair grow, supposedly. Not using heat, or using minimal heat, not washing your hair in hot water, not brushing your hair when its wet and general things like that also help.

posted over 2 years ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

thanks guys!

posted over 2 years ago

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

Hi!

I’m a hair stylist, so I hope I can help a bit! The previous posters gave you great tips. In addition, look at your diet and make sure you’re getting adequate vitamins. Omega 3 Fatty Acids found in avocados are great for hair and skin. Taking a vitamin called Biotin also promotes healthy hair and nail growth. Remember to keep up those trims. Instead of every 8 weeks, aim for every 12 and only cut enough to eliminate any split ends. Limit the heat styling you do and always remember to use a thermal protectant.

I would recommend Moroccan Oil. I’ve started using it on my long hair and I’ve seen drastic improvements in texture, shine, and health. The one I use can be found at Walmart. It’s a cream conditioner in a blue tub called Organix Moroccan Oil Intense Moisturizing Treatment.

Hope this helps!

posted over 2 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

I need to try that Maroccan oil thing myself, heard lots of good things about it!
I myself take Biotin to help my hair and nails.
After about a month of taking it I do notice a difference. My skin looks better and my nails look a lot better. Hair..well it doesn’t really grow so much in a month.

Tbh for me, I damage my hair quite a bit so I will probably never notice the change in my hair.

posted over 2 years ago

byWoodsandWater
Style_council
byWoodsandWater

I agree with the supplements. When I was trying to grow my hair long (it was above myshoulders just two 1/2years ago!) a healthnut/personal trainer friend of mine insisted I take salmon/fish oil supplements. It doesn’t necessarily help your hair grow faster but it does strengthen the new hair so less future split ends! An overall healthy diet does wonder for your hair! Also, washing your hair too often dries it out by stripping it of essential oils

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION