SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
itserin
Style_council
itserin

Does anyone know of any tips or tricks to grow your hair faster? I really really really want long hair before formal in 5 months, but have no idea how to make it grow speedier! Halp!!

posted over 5 years ago
BeijingBelle
Style_council
BeijingBelle

Not much will happen in five months. Five months gives you maybe 3 to 4 inches of length. Hair growth pills could add an extra inch but works in places other than your scalp as well…Places you’ve never had hair before…

I’m sure you know about alternatives like extensions and clip-ons, so I won’t go into that :) But I heard about someone who swears by standing on their heads for five minutes a day. Wouldn’t hurt to try if you’re desperate.

posted over 5 years ago

LifeInCA
Style_council
LifeInCA

I’m in the exact same process.

The best thing you can do is not use heat on it. a.k.a. flat irons, curling irons, or crimpers (although not a lot of people crimp anymore lol) if you absolutely MUST be sure to use a heat protectant.

Also, get your hair TRIMMED ever 6-8 weeks. To cut off the dead ends, and your hair will grow faster!! I promise.

P.S. go to longlocks.com and there is a guide to growing long hair :)

posted over 5 years ago

itserin
Style_council
itserin

Hahahha hair growth pills sound hilarious!!! I don’t think i’ll risk it though, i’m not wanting a matching beard :P

I was trying to avoid extensions as my hair has so many colour tones it would be super hard to find a match! I may have to resort to that though if nothing else works :(

I had no idea that using heat on it would stop growth? That’s crazy! Thanks for the tip, looks like i’ll be all natural for 5 months!

posted over 5 years ago

mallobar
Style_council
mallobar

Yeah I want my hair to grow out, but it’s taking forever. It’s already pretty long, but I want it maybe 3-5 inches more… I’m going to check out that website LifeInCA posted…

posted about 5 years ago

mamawolf
Style_council
mamawolf

I had a friend who swore that when she rubbed ice on her head, it helped, based on the principle that it causes your hair follicles to sort of contract.

I don’t know if I believe it but if you’re desperate…

posted about 5 years ago

cursed_kross
Style_council
cursed_kross

Eat as healthy as you can. Try not to get stressed out. Massages and avoid heat. When you dry it try to pat it dry and don’t use tight hair binders. If anything that tends to pull out hair or stretch it which makes the hair weak.

posted about 5 years ago

JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

I definitely agree with cursed_kross on eating healthy. It’s the only way your body will have enough surplus nutrients to direct to hair growth. Hair is lower on the priority list for the metabolism, don’t site me on this, but it makes sense right?

posted about 5 years ago

BustownModern
Style_council
BustownModern

Also try taking Biotin. I take that every day along w/ prenatals (gelatin!) and I swear, I can’t keep my hair short enough. My hair is almost to my waist and I now have to re-highlight my hair about every 3-4 weeks instead of every 6-8. I have a VERY LIGHT dye job. My nails grow so fast I sometimes cut them twice a week (I hate long nails w/ a passion).

posted about 5 years ago

grayciee
Style_council
grayciee

yeah i heard the trimming one.
i grew out my hair by cutting off like 3 inches every few weeks and massaging my scalp.

posted about 5 years ago

nzancyhou
Style_council
nzancyhou

Olive oil and coconut oil. It is an Indian recipe. The mixture should be mostly olive oil, and then some coconut oil (I don’t know the exact measurements). Rub it into your scalp and then wrap a hot towel around all of your hair and your head so that your pores open up. Do this once a week, no more! Or else your pores will be filled with oil.

I hope this works for you! Like everyone said too, trimm as well :)

posted about 5 years ago

reagansimone
Style_council
reagansimone

1) Vitamins, vitamins, vitamins!
2)Anti Snap Serums
3) Dr. Miracle Growing agent (ethnic product..use sparsly)
4) Be very gentle when brush/styling hair so stop breakage

posted about 5 years ago

nataliejade
Style_council
nataliejade

Dr. Miracle does work, but I would only attempt it on african american hair since it is very oily and very smelly! I use the oil which smells and you are suppose to use it twice a day! I only use it once especially in hot weather it feels like you could fry an egg on your head!

I agree with Kaappa, vitamins are a must
- Trimming your hair
- Staying away from heat, if really needed use a really good Heat Protector
- Avoid colouring your hair
- Don’t push like a crazy chick!
- Eat healthy, lots of fish!
- Massaging your head, especially at the areas that don’t grow fast!

I hope this helps!

posted about 5 years ago

Sarah5cent
Style_council
Sarah5cent

Since the first day of summer I’ve stopped using heat. My hair has already gotten so much longer. I haven’t trimmed it though and I’m not planning on it, last time I got my hair trimmed my hair didn’t grow at all! So anyways, all I do is take a shower and scrunch my hair, no hair-dryer, straightner, curler, etc. I can’t wait to start straightening again when school starts though haha :]

posted about 5 years ago

foxyybran
Style_council
foxyybran

cardio gets your blood flowing, and actually helps your hair grow..
Massaging your scalp is good too.
Hair vitamins have never made me grow hair in weird places, and they are good.

posted about 5 years ago

omfgjeannie
Style_council
omfgjeannie

i heard eating grapes makes your hair grow faster! XD

posted about 5 years ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

castor oil

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION