SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
JonathanNeal
Style_council
JonathanNeal

so far i’ve dyed my hair brown, and red, which didnt really work out that well as it faded.
i really want to do something new, so im thinking silver.
What do you think about silver hair and does anyone have any advice?

also, i was thinking of going canary yellow or navy blue. but i dont know yet :)

ideas?

posted almost 4 years ago
bigships
Style_council
bigships

this girl has some wild hair colors and I love it.
especially this look: http://dontdancenaked.wordpress.com/2010/04/03/why-be-a-snob-for/

kinda silvery/grey, yeah?

melpi
Style_council
melpi

i think you should go for a baby blue or light pink with a pixie hair cut.
everyone tries to go bold with the dark blue and bright red, but the lighter colors can be just as bold.

kind of like this blue http://www.flickr.com/photos/dimapant/4058487431/sizes/z/
and pink http://www.flickr.com/photos/barror/4665806525/sizes/z/

despite the funny models, the colors are great

Rubyonfire
Style_council
Rubyonfire

Looks like you currently have medium blond hair/light brown hair?

To go silver you would have to bleach a lot out of your color to reduce the warmth in it, then colour over to neutralize – commonly known as toning. What happens is, most toning do not last very long with bleached hair as the hair becomes porous and color ‘escapes’ easily, say between 15-20 washes or less if the condition of your hair is compromised. So you would need to use a silver shampoo, or your hair will start getting brassy.

To keep your hair red, you would need to use a red shampoo. What these color shampoo does is it continuously stain your hair so the color stays vibrant.

The trend is moving to red-copper-blonds/strawberry blond, nudes like the color of your skin, some violets almost mauve colors. But I normally tell my clients that you should get a color that looks like you are wearing your hair and not like your hair is wearing you.

All the best!

love_aesthetics
Style_council
love_aesthetics

woow great tips ruby!
Im also thinking about silver

love_aesthetics
Style_council
love_aesthetics

woow great tips ruby!
Im also thinking about silver

alinaceusan
Style_icon
alinaceusan

Baby blue:*

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

if you’re pale enough i think platinum silver is really cool

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

i absolutely wanted to dye my hair gray so bad haha. I feel like gray suits me more than my regular black hair sometimes haha. But i do think a more shimmery styled silver would look good rather than a dull, light gray or so.

But honestly, from your icon, you seem pale which should indicate that a lot of colours shouldnt clash too bad with your tone as long as it isn’t TOO bright or dark.

hadelicious
Style_council
hadelicious

Navy blue sounds gorge!

KaylaMeow
Style_council
KaylaMeow

Not really into wild colours but I like silver one ! Just like lady gaga in her poker face mv

Tanyar123
Style_council
Tanyar123

the picture of the model with grey/silver hair looks great.

amoebaeinwedges
Style_council
amoebaeinwedges

I SAY grey!!!! amazingly chic

maverick123
Style_council
maverick123

It is very easy to choose a flattering hair style, once you determine what type of face shape that you have. With you hair style your prom gowns should be unique. If you see a description or a mention of a style of hair that you are unfamiliar with, nothing is better than a good search engine.

http://nice-prom-online.com/

aliciaandstyle
Style_council
aliciaandstyle

Hey if your interested in coloring your hair you should try this new product by L’Oréal Professionnel, L’Oréal INOA. It doesn’t contain ammonia like most color so it doesn’t leave that smell and causes less damage!

It’s not offered at every salon so check out the website for locations….
www.findinoa.com

Let me know what you think :)

islander
Style_council
islander

Just a tip since you said other colours faded-I had bright red hair which would fade at lightening speed, so I mixed bright red semi-permanent dye like Renbow Crazy Colours with my conditioner and applied it in the shower every other day. It keeps your hair soft and bright!

REPLY TO DISCUSSION