SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
snow_turtle
Style_council
snow_turtle

Hey guys, I need some help. I have long, color treated hair that just absorbs smoke like a sponge. I hate the smell of stale cigarette smoke in my hair but I can’t find a shampoo that gets it all out. Any suggestions on stuff I can get at the drugstore?

posted over 6 years ago
GCammann
Style_council
GCammann

John Frieda finishing creme smells very sweet and masks the odor very very well.

posted over 6 years ago

ZoraCosmicRaye
Style_council
ZoraCosmicRaye

Loreal Keratase, is the best by far for my hair…it only available in salons in the uk. is it any different in other countrys?

posted over 6 years ago

nicolalim
Style_council
nicolalim

Hey dear, sit in a room and light a few scented candles.
I works with me.
My boyfriends a smoker and i use that alot. :)

posted over 6 years ago

parapluie
Style_council
parapluie

why not try some dry shampoo?

i’m a smoker (icky, yeah, i know), and even when my hair is squeaky clean, it’s bound to start getting stinky after i’ve had a cig or two. to freshen it up, i use the Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo – it’s a powder that you sort of rub on your scalp and in your hair… it helps with the greasies i get on some days, and it smells really fresh and a little citrusy. i swear, it even prevents my hair from soaking up the ciggie smell sometimes. it’s a freakin miracle.

posted over 6 years ago

katay
Style_council
katay

why not try some dry shampoO ?

posted over 3 years ago

OmniDimensional
Style_council
OmniDimensional

I would just suggest wearing your hair up when you are around smoke or wear a hat. That is what I do when I am around smoke. I am glad I quit smoking, it really does smell awful! And when you wash your hair, wash it twice!

posted over 3 years ago

hotlikemexico
Style_council
hotlikemexico

dry shampoo!

posted over 3 years ago

jessicacorena
Style_council
jessicacorena

Quit smoking! That’s the best advice I can give, but if that fails there is always the same remedy that they use for people who are sprayed with skunk stink. Use a bit of tomato with shampoo. Regular shampoo only strips down the oils in your hair, the tomato is acidic and will help reduce the smell. You might have to do it several times. :) good luck xx

posted about 2 years ago

rileighnuss
Style_council
rileighnuss

Dry shampoo, scented hair products, and my favorite shampoo and conditioner is Living Proof. The technology in their products allows you to be free from washing your hair. I wash mine every other day and it constantly smells like their product (and I smoke). I do spray a body spray or perfume in my hair after I smoke a cigarette just in case so no one will suspect. :)

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION