SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
AnindhitaRustiyan
Style_council
AnindhitaRus...

I’m planning to buy a face primer. Since I read that face primer will help to prepare your skin before applying makeup. Is it really give a different on your face? I have an oily, acne prone skin, is it safe for my skin?

posted almost 2 years ago
cecilej
Style_council
cecilej

I used to put face primer, and really I didn’t see any difference, the products didn’t stay on longer, and it was an expensive well-known brand. It only put more dirt in the pores. You should better apply a moisturizer, some are specially made to prevent excessive oil secretion (because that’s what removes makeup), and have some pads to remove the oil. hope I’ve been helpful ;)

KeilaFromPR
Style_council
KeilaFromPR

I use my primer in the past everyday but now stopped because not make a difference in my face.

AnindhitaRustiyan
Style_council
AnindhitaRus...

oh..kay…so it will be better if I don’t buy face primer, just try to find the best moisturizer and foundation then. Thank you all :)

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

I must agree with the other girls, face primer doesn’t really do anything.

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

If you have oily skin, try wearing powder foundations. If you want to stick with liquids, go for something that’s breathable and isn’t too greasy (e.g. you don’t want your makeup to be too thick).

I’ve never really noticed a practical difference between wearing face primer vs. not wearing one; it’s not worth the extra hassle for everyday makeup. eyeshadow primer, though, makes a huge difference!

AnindhitaRustiyan
Style_council
AnindhitaRus...

Right! I already try eyeshadow base and it’s wonderful!! Especially for eyeshadow that pigmented.

FashionInciter
Style_council
FashionInciter

I use a really great face primer from l’Oreal, it’s actually green to reduce acne redness and it doesn’t cause any problems with my skin.

posted over 1 year ago

victoriaegan
New_user victoriaegan is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When victoriaegan reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
victoriaegan

maybe im just a weird one here but since i got primer i noticed a huge difference. without primer my foundations tend to get chalky or cakey. its because my skin can get kind of dry. so with a primer it evens it all out and gives a good base. i guess its different for everyone but if you got a good cheap drugstore one i think it would help!

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION