SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
creamofthecrop
Style_council
creamofthecrop

So I want to try contouring my face – mainly my nose and cheeks. The only problem is, I don’t know exactly what kind of makeup to use as well as brushes. I checked videos on youtube, some of the users used liquid foundations while others used highlighters and powder foundations. As for brushes, they mainly used angled brushes. Can anyone reccommend what kind of makeup works best for contouring – liquid foundation, powder foundation, etc.? And could you also tell me what makeup brushes work best for doing so? It would be great if you could tell me the exact makeup products you personally use if you contour your face. Oh and if this information helps at all, my complexion is inbetween olive and dark tan, a typical tanned asian really – but definately not pale/fair. Thanks!

posted over 5 years ago
creamofthecrop
Style_council
creamofthecrop

I also forgot to mention that I’m on a budget, so if you could reccommend more affordable products opposed to maybe Mac or anything from Sephora, thanks!

posted over 5 years ago

New_user 32348 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 32348 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I’m not makeup expert…but this is just what I think would work best. For contouring your face, I use a mix of products. For my cheeks, I use CoverGirl Golden Tan bronzer from the drugstore like Walgreens/RiteAid/Target, etc, but I have a pretty fair complexion. So check out shades that are slightly darker than your complexion. As for highlighter shades to accentuate the cheekbones, etc. I use a stick highlighter, CoverGirl Illuminator. It works pretty well. Also, just find different eyeshadows to help blend and make things look more natural. Sometimes, I use an old golden brown eyeshadow for contouring when I don’t have bronzer with me.

As for brushes, I use Sephora eyeshadow brush kit. But I heard that Target has a good brush set too…not sure about the brand though. Angled brushes are good for contouring the bridge of the nose, but good standard blush brush works well for contouring cheeks. You don’t really need a specific brush to do all this….I know people who just use their fingers and a couple q-tips and it looks the same.

Good luck!

posted over 5 years ago

creamofthecrop
Style_council
creamofthecrop

thanks for the help :)

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION