Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
stylesonlychild
Style_council
stylesonlychild

Egg-cellent Facial Mask
Did you know that eggs are the most nutrient rich substance known to man? Not only are they great for your insides, they also make your outsides look pretty great too! Egg masks have been used for hundreds of years by the women of many countries to make their pores appear smaller, decrease shininess, and tighten skin to decrease wrinkles. Here are two types of egg masks that have different benefits that can used to at your own discretion to cater to your own beauty needs that are sure to give you glowing beautiful skin! Disclaimer: do not use this mask if you’re allergic to eggs.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Method #1-
• One egg
• 2 small bowls
• Wisk or fork
What to do:
Separate your egg white from yolk. Put the egg white in one bowl and the yolk in another. Beat the egg white until frothy. On a clean face, apply the egg white in a thin even layer. Be sure to avoid the eye area. One egg is more than enough for one person, so feel free to share or store it in the fridge for up to three days. Allow this to sit on the face until you cannot smile. It’s like Botox except without the potentially lethal side effects. Rinse with luke warm water and pat your skin dry. Now, take your yolk and break it. Apply a thin even layer onto your face and allow this to dry. The yolk will not make you skin feel as tight as the whites did, but you should feel and see the yolk dry. Rinse with luke warm water and pat your skin dry. Apply your favorite gentle moisturizer and you’re done!
How it works:
Egg whites are known for constructing pores, tightening and softening skin, and reducing oil and inflammation. By using this once a week, your pores will be noticeably smaller, your fine lines will fade over time, and you can slow down aging naturally! This is why I call eggs the natural Botox (even though active ingredient found in Botox is technically natural). Even if you’re not worried about aging just yet, prevention is always better than cure. Notice that after you rinse off the whites, your skin is feels tighter and has a fresh “zing” to it. That’s the egg’s anti-inflammatory properties working to give you a wonderful glow. This part is my favorite part of mask because I have oily skin. The egg whites works to instantly mattify skin, especially around the “T-Zone” (nose and forehead). Now, let’s not forget the all-important yolk. If you have dry skin, you may notice that after rinsing off the egg whites that your skin feels drier than normal, that’s because the whites may have over-dried your already parched skin. Not a problem though because egg yolk is a natural moisturizer. When your skin is this dry, the yolk’s moisturizing properties will have an even greater effect because your skin already deficient in the moisture department. By using this, your skin is getting a full spa treatment without the spa price.
Method #2-
What you need:
• 1 egg
• 1 tsp of honey
• ¼ tsp Apple Cider Vinegar (do not use regular vinegar)
• 2 small bowls
• Wisk or fork
What to do:
Take your egg, and separate the egg white from the yolk. In the bowl containing the egg white, beat the white until it is frothy. In the bowl containing the yolk, break it and pour in the honey and apple cider vinegar. Mix well. Now combine the egg white and yolk and mix gently. On a clean face, apply the mixture in a thin even layer. Be sure to avoid the eye area. After about 10-15 minutes, or until you can’t smile, rinse off the mask with luke-warm water and pat dry. Apply your favorite gentle face cream.
How it works:
In the method above, the benefits of egg whites and yolk are discussed, but the added ingredients give this mask an extra boost. Apple cider vinegar contains enzymes, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that fight to restore the skin’s pH. This may seem like a bunch of science chatter, but it has its benefits. If you recall from biology class, pH is the measure of a substance’s acidity or alkalinity. The acid mantle of the skin needs a pH in the delicate range of 4.5-6.2 (acidic). This thin, top layer of the skin fights against bacteria, viruses, and pollutants that may penetrate the skin. The skin is also the body’s first layer of protection from diseases, so this mask will strengthen this layer as well as prevent against future breakouts or possible invasions of unwanted pathogens. Apple cider vinegar is also an awesome astringent. This is a big word for toner, which will even out skin tone due to dark spots, aging spots, hyperpigmentation, or sun damage. This also can do wonders for acne and irritated skin. As for honey, well, I could write a book about the wonders of honey, but we’ll just focus on a few benefits. The natural occurring acids in honey acids are perfect for sensitive skin, like mine, and help soothe irritated skin. Honey can also help loosen bonds between the dead skin and healthy skin, revealing healthier more radiant skin underneath. Also, honey can help increase elasticity, balance out oily skin, stimulate collagen production, and minimize lines and wrinkles. Whoa. That’s a lot. This is why I just love using naturally occurring substances to improve ourselves. One more thing about this wonderful mask: it was used by none other than Martha Washington, the first First Lady of the United States. This mask was used to give her a porcelain-like complexion that she was so famous for. So now you’ve had a review of biology and US history!

posted over 1 year ago
FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

I’m totally gonna try this one!

posted over 1 year ago

roseanne0587
Style_council
roseanne0587

I have a very dry skin. I hope it will work for me. I have used a lot of moisturizers but still my forehead looks dry and old. =(

posted over 1 year ago

stylesonlychild
Style_council
stylesonlychild

Use the yolk and not the egg white portion. It’ll work great!

posted over 1 year ago

marushka
Style_council
marushka

I’ve done this before. It works wonders after pulling an all-nighter during finals!

posted over 1 year ago

Roxx
Style_council
Roxx

I love home-made masks and eggs are one of my favorite ingredient.

posted over 1 year ago

misstheo
Style_council
misstheo

cool idea. ty

posted over 1 year ago

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I love putting that stuff on my face!

posted over 1 year ago

virgita
New_user virgita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When virgita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
virgita

thats good way, another egg whites benefits is to solved blackheads

posted over 1 year ago

urbanoaf
Style_council
urbanoaf

egg is also good for hair. the conditioner i often buy is called egg mayonnaise which sounds disgusting but is actually really good for making the hair softer and shinier and smells nice too!

posted 9 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION