SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
FashionMousse
Style_council
FashionMousse

I’m thinking of dyeing my hair, but I never did that before. I like Emma Watson’s and Olivia Palermo’s (blonde) haircolour. I’d also like to try ombre hair. I’m not sure what to do and what if I don’t like it?? Any tips?

posted almost 3 years ago
MissEverything
Style_council
MissEverything

Try to find one of those websites where you upload a picture of your face and you can try on different hair colors to see what you like before you dye

michelle2119
Style_council
michelle2119

find a picture of someone who originally had your hair color and dyed it ombre or blonde.
I think drew barrymore is a good match. good luck!

sandmallow
Style_council
sandmallow

usually if i need help with finding hairstyles/ colors i goggle : asian hairstyles and find alot of photos and ideas. It also helps to talk to your stylist, they have the professional advice and usually they can tell you if something will look good or not. Honestly is the key.

Dominique_Mae
Style_council
Dominique_Mae

I think as long as they’re ‘warm colours’ then you’ll avoid looking pale and washed out
I think warm colours suit everyone, it gives the illusion of healthiness and vitality

posted over 2 years ago

Mishelle
Style_council
Mishelle

do it!

posted over 2 years ago

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

Judging from your avatar you look like you could pull off warm or cool colors. And I think the ombre look could definitely suit you. You actually have a very nice brown shade already and adding in some ombre highlights in a light blonde would probably look really pretty.

The ombre look is really versatile and you can do as little or as much as you want. It doesn’t have to be severe. It can be gradual and only 1-2 shades lighter than your natural color. So it almost looks like natural highlights from the sun. Something like this:

http://www.dailymakeover.com/blogs/beauty-trends-and-news/ombre-hair.html?slideid=2&slideshowPaused=false

If you want to do one all over color, you could do a chestnut brown which has some red tones in it. It would definitely bring out the color in your face. Or you could do a cooler matte brown that would be perfect for the fall/winter. Something like this for the first one:
http://www.dailymakeover.com/hairstyles/all_womens_looks/sophia_bush_aug_01_2008?tid_ref=564

And something like this for the second one:
http://www.bestcelebrityhairstyles.com/mandy-moore-hairstyles/mandy-moore-hair-4/

I’m a hair stylist so if you have any other questions, message me. :)

posted over 2 years ago

Sunshinecck
Style_council
Sunshinecck

Hhm.. My best advice is to try extentions or a wig on to see how it looks. I say this because my mom is a Pro at anything hair, and that is what she suggests. Plus i Just dyed my hair a drastic color, which i knew i liked because of extentions. Hope this helped a bit? Good luck!!

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION