SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
esha2010
Style_council
esha2010

I have black hair (natural) and really want to get a brown color without bleaching. I was thinking of using an dark ash blonde or light ash brown dye. Which one has a better chance of lightening my hair to a dark or medium brown color ? I was also wondering whether Revlon or Garnier would be a better choice.

posted over 4 years ago
browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

try the light ash brown dye, but remember! first do a strand test to see if you like the result

posted over 4 years ago

JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

I once lightened my hair (naturally dark brown but not quite black) with hair dye. I used a blonde colour and it took 7 dye jobs to get a honey brown. The colour will show up but after a lot of patience. Also the colour faded quick since it was just layers of dye on top of each other.

posted over 4 years ago

xxmidnightkisses
Style_council
xxmidnightki...

i have black hair & i always dye my hair brown.
dry using a light shade of brown. the results will end up more of a dark brown but it actually depends on your hair texture. it might end up around the same shade as the boxdye says or it might be darker.

posted over 4 years ago

cursed_kross
Style_council
cursed_kross

I used to lighten my hair color (black to tea brown) all the time. I think they key thing for me was to make sure the color actually had some bleaching agent in it. I’ve tried just straight up blonde dye (no bleaching agent) to lighten my hair but I was never able to get it in the first try. Depending on how healthy your hair is now it wont be really damaging compared to straight up bleaching, which I just did this past week to get to blonde (took to applications) and no damage a small trim can’t handle. Still just as soft. I think its really important though to make sure your hair is healthy, do some deep conditioning hair masks, like egg yolk and olive oil (msg me if you want further instructions for this) before and after any hair coloring. Look at the side of the boxes to see what color changes to expect because they will show whether or not it will lighten dark hair. Also look in the ingredient list to make sure it doesn’t have any metallic coloring agents, this can turn your hair greenish or brassy especially if you go in a pool. Hope this helped.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION