SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ElleGivenchy
Style_council
ElleGivenchy

I get patchy dry sometimes itchy skin on my legs when the weather changes. Any tips on keeping the skin hydrated and less dry?

posted about 2 years ago
Rayy
Style_council
Rayy

creams…dove,nivea,bb

posted about 2 years ago

cynchmolina
Style_council
cynchmolina

Drink tons of water, finish one litter of water before leaving your house. :) Then you can also try putting moisturizer. :)

posted about 2 years ago

missmiami
Style_council
missmiami

I have dry skin and the summer heat can make it peel. I’ve tried every cream and lotion under the sun and some expensive ones work well, but my tattoo artist of all people gave me an amazing tip. aquaphor is a gel lotion they recommended putting on fresh tats, and it is an amazing hydrater! I was ready to take the splurge and try the creme de la mer which runs almost 400$ a bottle but I gave the aquaphor a try first, it works amazingly! You only have to use very little since its a gel but it leaves your skin super soft with a bit of shine which looks great on arms and legs. I even use it on my face as a base for bare minerals and my skin is in better shape than ever. A small tub of aquaphor runs only about 8$ and you can get it at any pharmacy.

posted about 2 years ago

ElleGivenchy
Style_council
ElleGivenchy

Thanks so much! I’m going to give that aquaphor a shot! I have a bathroom full of lotions and cremes already. And water is my favorite beverage so I’m pretty sure I’m not dehydrated.

posted about 2 years ago

claudiakitten
Style_council
claudiakitten

drinking lots of water and rubbing vaseline on your driest spots(like knees,elbows and in my case my lower back) before you go to sleep can help too(vaseline during the day can probobly get sticky and hot) oh and colder showers can also help too:)

posted about 2 years ago

ettikajewelry
Style_council
ettikajewelry

Have nutritios food,drink plenty of water……and use appropriate moisturiser according to your skin type.Applying a good moisturiser regularly before going to bed will definately help you out.

posted about 2 years ago

Terrafirma
Style_council
Terrafirma

shea butter raw!

posted about 2 years ago

emmasworld
New_user emmasworld is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When emmasworld reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
emmasworld

St. Ives intensive relief lotion…skin saver…shea butter works too. For dry hands, legs and feet, before going to bed, use lotion and immediately cover with gloves and socks. Works like a charm!

posted about 2 years ago

canyoupasstheglitter
Style_council
canyoupassth...

I have these dry patches for years and now they’re almost gone. I’ve been putting on unscented lotion such as Cetaphil ( works for all skin types) every morn and right before I go to sleep. Also, I scrub that area with a body scrub when I’m in the shower. Lastly, i put Bio Oil on those patches in the morn and right before I go to sleep ( same routine with lotion). Drink lots of water too!

posted about 2 years ago

Mrs_V
Style_council
Mrs_V

Drink lots of water, and don’t shower daily because it dries out the skin, and when you do apply lotion while your skin is still a little damp. Unscented lotions are usually better, I use Jergen’s fragrance free sensitive skin daily moisturizer, apply morning and night, and if you need some inbetween.

posted about 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

^ pretty much everything people already said—drink lots of water, don’t shower every day, etc. it’d also help to take warm showers instead of hot showers. you might want to look out for harsh surfactants like sodium laurel/laureth sulfate in your bodywash—they tend to irritate my skin.

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION