SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
monalisa365
Style_council
monalisa365

So, I used to have mild acne (yuck), but I used a new product and now my skin’s perfecto! Lol, but anywho, now, I continue to use it, and some parts of my skin are beginning to dry out and get a little peely. I would stop using the cream, but I don’t want my acne to flare up! What do I do? Any especially hydrating moisturizers you guys use? Thanks!

posted about 5 years ago
New_user 32348 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 32348 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

Cetaphil daily facial moisturizer is pretty good. Lately, my skin’s been getting dry too and cetaphil does the job pretty well without feeling all that greasy.

posted about 5 years ago

GirlOnSkates
Style_council
GirlOnSkates

Have you tried exfoliating? I have trouble with flaky dry skin. When your skin is flaky it can get in the way of your lotion “soaking in”. What helps me is washing my face with a soft wash cloth, it’s a gentle exfoliator. Also I put lotion on when my face is wet to damp. Hope this helps :)

posted about 5 years ago

chicDYVYNITY
Style_council
chicDYVYNITY

Sounds like we have similar skin. Cetaphil is a great mild cleanser. I alternate between the cleanser and St. Ives Apriot Scrub (exfoliator). Additionally, the Cetaphil daily facial moisturizer is great…especially since we are entering into the cold dry months.

What cream are you using for your mild acne?

posted about 5 years ago

cursed_kross
Style_council
cursed_kross

I used to get dry flaky skin on my nose and cheeks but this past half year I’ve used natural products to help stop that. I exfoliate about twice a week with a mix of olive oil, sugar and honey to get rid of the dead skin. I also leave it on for a few minutes because olive oil is a good moisturize. Then in between that I use an oatmeal mask to keep my skin moisturized.

posted about 5 years ago

Ninahhh
Style_council
Ninahhh

eurcin.

use it. it realllllly works.

posted about 5 years ago

xej
New_user xej is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When xej reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
xej

i experienced the same.. my face have lots of acnes too.. i tried using olay, loreal, and a lot more but it didn’t work.. with your face @monalisa 365, did cetaphil work? thanks..

posted over 3 years ago

naturezfinest
Style_council
naturezfinest

Any products with aloe vera in it is good for peely skin or Tea tree oil.

posted over 3 years ago

MissMeggo
Style_council
MissMeggo

Another good idea would be to reduce your use from every day to every other day and find a simple, light wash for the in between days.

posted over 3 years ago

sugarbabiez
New_user sugarbabiez is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When sugarbabiez reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
sugarbabiez

Try aloe vera, Clinique Superdefense, or Clinique Daily Moisturizing Lotion or Gel. I have oily skin so I use the gel! But for dry skin use the lotion and for combination too!

posted over 3 years ago

thegreatbernsby
Style_council
thegreatbernsby

all of these are greast ideas! make sure you’re drinking enough water, too. being well hydrated really shows in your skin. you should be drinking half of your weight in ounces everyday.. example: if you weigh 120lbs, you should be getting 60oz of water daily… That’s just under 8 cups.

posted over 3 years ago

livisfat
Style_council
livisfat

Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief is amazing, plus it has lots of great uses, like for your cuticles too.

posted over 3 years ago

IdeaSquirrel
Style_council
IdeaSquirrel

Use a moisturizer, after you wash your face. :D
Also, when washing your face don’t like…rub your face dry with a towel…like blot it instead. :D

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION