SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Loomans
Style_council
Loomans

So I’m currently using a Mac studio fix powder foundation, which I love the application for. This foundation is a quick dab with a kabuki brush and your ready for the day. This worked so well over the summer but now that its getting colder my skins drying up. Dispute moisturizing, exfoliating, priming it still creates a cracked dry patchy look! I’ve tried converting to a liquid foundation from the drug store but they do the same thing. Please someone help me! I like a medium to build able coverage and I’m very pale, I’m willing to spend money on good results! And I would love something with a quick application!! Please!

posted over 1 year ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I would try switching to a BB cream or using a different applicator for the foundation. Maybe see try rubbing it in with your fingertips to see if it goes on lighter.

posted over 1 year ago

Vintageholic
Style_council
Vintageholic

I agree, maybe the BB cream is the best solution. Why don’t you just go to a drugstore and explain your problem? They’ll probably help you more than people here on Chictopia – I mean this is not a common problem and many people won’t know what to recommend you.

posted over 1 year ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

Second the BB cream, but avoid drugstore brands—I haven’t had any luck with them, plus they’re just repackaged tinted moisturizers. I’m using one by Skin79 which is specifically formulated for dry skin (gold). You could try Clinique’s foundations, as they are formulated for different skin types; this one seems to be for dry skin, but if I were you I’d go to a counter and have someone test it on you first.

If a foundation formula is a little too thick, blend it with your favorite moisturizer—that should make it smoother/easier to apply. imo, the heavier the product, the more noticeable things like dry skin become. Also, make sure you don’t over-exfoliate.

posted over 1 year ago

TheLingerNots
Style_council
TheLingerNots

I have the same issue where my skin gets crazy dry in cold weather, I recently worked with this amazing makeup artist who did an olive oil and sugar scrub on the dry areas and told me to do it every 10 days. works like a charm! In the winter I generally switch to a different sunscreen (I like Alba’s very emollient sunscreen) because of the dewiness and wear a mineral powder on top. xoxo

posted over 1 year ago

Senta
Style_council
Senta

I’ve got the same problem. BB creams don’t work for me, as they’re still too dark. But I’m also using an oil (by Clarins, Huile Santal) for the dry areas on my skin. Works perfectly. I’ve also got a foundation by MAC now, but it’s not the powdery one. It’s studio sculpt, I had a try on the counter, it was the best choice. I also have very dry skin, especially in winter.

posted over 1 year ago

NoseyNotions
Style_council
NoseyNotions

Yeah, I really reccomend BB creams.
I also have really dry skin, and what I do is moisturize my skin lately with a lotion that contains SPF (or Nivea soft creme moisturizer), and then I take vaseline, take a light swab of it, and put a thin layer of it on my face -- this also is really nice if you like the “glowy, luminous” look (apparently Marilyn Monroe used this trick too).
Some of the BB creams I really like are:
Jasmine Water BB Cream (it also comes with a lot of skin benefiting properties)
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp?itemid=131507
Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream (Has the most coverage out of all of these)
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp?ItemID=105706
Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream (lightest coverage, but most watery)
http://beautybugca.blogspot.ca/2012/08/bb-cream-review-nc30-holika-holika-aqua.html
- I have also heard that the Lioele Water Drop BB Cream is very nice and moisturizing, however I have never tried it (but there is also a review up top)

I hope this helps!

posted over 1 year ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

Try using this stuff at night:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=181527&catid=182889&aid=338666&aparam=181527

Its super-moisturzing. And then in the morning, put some moisturizer on again under your foundation. I would try one of the Clinique foundations if you’ve got super dry skin-just go talk to one of the reps at the counter and they will help you out!

posted over 1 year ago

hauted0ll
New_user hauted0ll is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When hauted0ll reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
hauted0ll

Try cream/stick foundations! Cream foundation have a bit more moisture than a liquid or powder foundation. BB creams are good too but I have dry skin also and I find that it kinda shows the dry patchiness on my nose.
I LOOVE the Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer foundation. It’s really expensive and you don’t get a lot but it’s worth it and you only need a little. :)

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION