Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
camerakind
Style_council
camerakind

for some odd reason I get this often,
my upper lip area, nose to my top lip is often dry, scaly, and rough.
I use Nivea Natural Tone all over but I esp use Jergens Ultra Healing for Dry Skin on this area.
What am I doing wrong? What am I not doing?
This makes me so self conscious :/

posted over 4 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I seem to have this problem in winter, when my nose gets runny. Maybe yours is a little different, but what I do and seems to work is:

-Regularly moisture there with lotion during the day.
-Put Carmex (which I use on my lips, too) on night, when I don’t have to leave the house all shiny, lol. I apply it on my lips all the way up to my nose. It smells a little strong, but I’ve gotten used to it and it seems to help to have it sit on there all night.

I think all you can really do is regularly moisturize it as well as you can. Unless somebody knows some great secret cure— in which case, I’m curious too!

posted over 4 years ago

tenoria
Style_council
tenoria

I’ve had this problem too! I don’t use Carmex on my skin because I’m acne-prone, but instead at night I use jojoba oil all over the area, then top with aloe vera gel. Jojoba is really softening and the aloe vera helps seal in moisture.

Once a week I exfoliate really gently with Peeling Day by The Face Shop (Korean brand carried by Walgreens). It’s a physical exfoliator with cellulose fibers that pick up and bind to loose skin instead of scraping like a normal exfoliator; really gentle!

posted over 4 years ago

mariezee
Style_council
mariezee

Try zinc oxide. It works for me and I get flaky dry skin under my nose. It’s used for diaper rash but it works for dry skin, too!

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION