Googleplus
TAGS:  skin whitening
TOTO7
New_user TOTO7 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When TOTO7 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
TOTO7

I’m not even sure if skin lightening is the correct description of the product… skin whitening? bleaching? But I’m just learning about this area since I started seeing light freckles appear on the bridge of my nose and would like to use a product to “erase” them. From the stuff I’ve looked up, hydroquinone is identified as a carcinogen and the alternative to that is Alpha Arbutin I think? I would rather use the alternative and wonder if anyone has names, brands, stores, etc… as suggestions!

posted about 3 years ago
MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

Arbutin works for sundamage etc. These actually work by evening out your skintone, not exactly lightening per say.

You don’t really want to go with skin bleaching. Most of the “active” ingredients, such as hydroquinone are forbidden outside dermatologists offices.

And, we have a topic about this somewhere here, did you do a search?

posted about 3 years ago

raspberry5
New_user raspberry5 is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When raspberry5 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
raspberry5

my sister as been using Metaderm, a skin lightening cream, for her freckles. she got those because she usually stay long under the sun which isn’t really good. you can check their site if you want. just google the name. my sister’s freckles are fading. it’s not anymore as obvious as before.

posted over 2 years ago

PHouston
New_user PHouston is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When PHouston reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
PHouston

If I am not mistaken, Alpha Arbutin functions like hydroquinone. It can be derived from the leaves of bearberry, cranberry, blueberry shrubs and mulberry. I can’t suggest a specific product that contain this extract, but right now I am using NeuCell Skin Lightening Cream and it’s working well for me. Hope that helps. :)

posted over 2 years ago

SecretB5StopsAcne
Style_council
SecretB5Stop...

I think you should concern with a doctor. As you tell about your problem one of my friend have same problem and he use many product for removing it. After some time this freckles he found on his whole body. In summer he need very precautions so it is batter to concern a doctor.

posted over 2 years ago

illq
Style_council
illq

I’ve heard that applying lemon on your face helps lightens the skin so it might help with your freckles.

posted over 2 years ago

guiaislove
Style_council
guiaislove

Try putting raw papaya on your face. leave it for 15-20 minutes and wash your face after. Do this everyday, and Hurray! or for body? Use Papaya soap, Papaya lotion/moisturizer for dry skin. But the best way is.. to consult your doctor.

posted over 2 years ago

baylynfrombronx
New_user baylynfrombronx is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When baylynfrombronx reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
baylynfrombronx

Right now I’m using Whiterderm for skin lightening…and its a topical cream without hydroquinone. Very effective. However, if you want to be really sure that what you will use is free from hydroquinone (or other dangerous chemicals), stick with natural whitening remedies like lemon and honey.

posted over 2 years ago

ryenkeon
Style_council
ryenkeon

vmv Illuminants skin brillance cleanser Active 10, Multi-Level Skin Lightening and Hyperpigmentation Therapy
Surprisingly soft, lightening Noni Seeds float in a supple créme suspension to gently cleanse treated skin to a fresh, glowing brilliance. Soothing: pH-adjusted to complement active treatments.
Designed to work with the Illuminants Active-10 Multi-Level Skin Lightening, Hyperpigmentation System. Contains gentle concentrations of the Glycolic Acid, Kojic Acid, and Melfade to optimise skin’s comfort throughout therapy and to enhance treatment efficacy.

posted over 2 years ago

chicprincess
New_user chicprincess is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When chicprincess reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicprincess

A lot of Japanese skincare products having whitening ingredients other than that. But if you want to buy in america, try Shiseido’s whitening starter kit. You can get it from sephora and it’s not that bad of a price for three products.

posted over 2 years ago

torrancechick
New_user torrancechick is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When torrancechick reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
torrancechick

Like baylynfrombronx, I’ve tried Whiterderm. I gave it a shot because my acne scars from when I was teen still bothers me. They’re rather prominent. I’m happy that the cream was effective enough to make the scars less noticeable…I’d have to take a really closer look to see them now, which is a good thing.

posted over 2 years ago

Ayappe
Style_council
Ayappe

hi , i have wore Baviphat(korean brand) lemon brightening sleeping pack n it works well. my skin is lighter now. and my mum has wore o2 whitening capsule (kind of cream ) from Etude House (Korean Brand again) and its good. my mums skin is brighter now :DD hope this will be help you .

posted over 2 years ago

Sonea
New_user Sonea is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Sonea reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Sonea

Remember please that in Asia and in the European Union, hydroquinone has been banned, so it’s forbidden buy products with this substance. One alternative product is the k5 lipogel, with pidobenzone (www.fc-store.com)

posted over 1 year ago

Roxx
Style_council
Roxx

Why don’t you just go the natural way? My best friend got rid of her freckles with lemon. She used to cut the lemon in slices and then rub one slice on her face, squeezing the juice gradually. She did that everyday, and left the lemon juice on for about an hour a day.

If you have dry skin, I wouldn’t recommend this though. My friend had an oily complexion, and with the help of lemons, she managed to keep it under control.

posted over 1 year ago

JarrodDinwoodie
New_user JarrodDinwoodie is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When JarrodDinwoodie reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
JarrodDinwoodie

I know this post is old, but this formula probably wasn’t available 2 years ago.
Anyways i work at a huge Cosmetic Manufacturing Company,and this is the favorite skin whitening product on the market right now – Hydro Bright. uses 4-hexyresorcinol which is a natural extract from wholegrains with melanin inhibiting properties. Its supposed to be 4 times more effective than Hydroquinone, and since it’s derived from such a natural source, much safer. less chemical based. anyways here’s the link to the peeps that make it, if anyone is interested.
http://www.betterthanhydroquinone.com

posted about 1 year ago

brittanycoleman
New_user brittanycoleman is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When brittanycoleman reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
brittanycoleman

Most skin lightening products have gone through intensive tests in the labs. The best products contain only natural ingredients that can only be beneficial to the skin. Avoid products that contain ingredients such as hydroquinone and mercury. These are man-made ingredients that may harm the skin in the long run. Instead, look out for products that contain Glyolic Acid.

posted 12 months ago

Sharon12
New_user Sharon12 is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Sharon12 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Sharon12

Hi my name is Sharon. There are many different procedures for skin whitening so they do involve different names such as skin bleaching or lightening. The spots on your nose will be from too much exposure of the sun. Keep it moisturized and hydrated daily.
For more information:
Check out my Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/skinwhiteninghub

And my Squidoo page:
http://www.squidoo.com/skin-whitening-guide

posted 10 months ago

Saxa
New_user Saxa is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Saxa reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Saxa

If you want some more information on skin whitening, you can visit www.skinwhiteningscience.com

It has by far the most detailed information on skin whitening on the internet.

posted 3 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION