yenbanate
Style_council
yenbanate

let me see your answer

posted over 2 years ago
Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

Yes, it’s good to get your hair trimmed quite often or else the split ends will start splitting farther up your hair. Even if you want to grow it out you should still get a slight trim every once in a while.

posted over 2 years ago

RebeckaYu
Style_council
RebeckaYu

of course! there are a ton of hair products that advertise the ability to repair split ends, but in truth, it is always better to go for a trim.

otherwise, the splits will get bigger and travel up your hair leading to breakage

posted over 2 years ago

KarinaaaaG
Style_council
KarinaaaaG

Yes! Always trim your split ends because it will look like your hair isn’t growing (it always is, it’s just breaking off) If you don’t trim them, they’re going to travel up your hair shaft and you’re going to have a way bigger problem in the end.

posted over 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

Pretty much, yes. Damaged hair doesn’t heal, and like shelbylugal said, neatly trimmed hair grows more quickly and looks so much better than damaged, dry, old hair!

posted over 2 years ago

fashionenvie
Style_council
fashionenvie

Yes, you can’t fix split ends any other way. I’ve been there many times before and believe me, your hair will look a lot more healthy if you get them cut off!

posted over 2 years ago

sofiabythesea
New_user sofiabythesea is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When sofiabythesea reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
sofiabythesea

Yes, it’s good for your hair! It will look healthier if you go get it trimmed often.

posted over 2 years ago

yenbanate
Style_council
yenbanate

Thank you for all your answers! :)

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

You don’t have to, it just helps your hair look smoother. They won’t hurt your hair and I’m pretty sure they won’t just keep splitting more and more. If they do, like if you have split ends that split 2 inches up the shaft, it might be a sign you are missing vitamins or crucial fatty acids in your diet.

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION