SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Do you have any at home beauty treatments you make? I make all kinds of scrubs and would love to hear other’s tips and tricks!

posted almost 2 years ago
BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

I use coconut oil for a lot of stuff-hair mask before shampooing it, as a body moisturizer post-shower, massage oil, etc. I also made DIY toothpaste once from baking soda, gratted lime and peppermint oil, but I switched back to Organic toothpaste because I didn’t want to risk cavities if it didn’t work as well.

mollyan
Style_council
mollyan

brown sugar and honey face scrub

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

I use honey as a face wash. It’s great for sensitive skin and if I’m having skin issues I just add a drop of lavender oil to it. (Don’t get your face too wet before you rub it in.)

Minzi
New_user Minzi is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Minzi reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Minzi

i boil deep red rose petals and make my own rosewater…. its great for spritzing on your hair and scalp, as well as just smells yummy and freshens up your skin.

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Great ideas! I think the DIY toothpaste would be great for during the day, just to freshen up. I worry about too much fluoride!

BleakandWet
Style_council
BleakandWet

I like to make a salt scrub with sea salt and extra virgin olive oil – your skin feels heavenly afterwards. I also use oatmeal masks, yogurt masks, honey as an antibacterial topical for acne, fresh aloe vera gel, and some other things I can’t remember off the top of my head… I love diy!

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

Also I use a mix of cornstarch and cinnamon to fluff up my hair when it gets a bit greasy at the roots.

posted over 1 year ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

The cornstarch and cinnamon mix is genius! I never thought about that! I almost always hate the dry shampoos, so will definitely give this a try!

posted over 1 year ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

if you have dark hair, baking cocoa makes a great dry shampoo. sounds kind of weird to put it in your hair, but it actually works great since it’s so finely milled.

posted over 1 year ago

Miss_Sheppard
Style_council
Miss_Sheppard

I use olive oil as a makeup remover :) It takes off waterproof and regular makeup very easily and it is a great moisturizer. It will also reduce under eye circles with continuous use!

posted over 1 year ago

anyelina
Style_council
anyelina

Really ripe avocadoes and olive oil hair masks …. make your hair shiny and very soft .

posted over 1 year ago

stylelove07
New_user stylelove07 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When stylelove07 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
stylelove07

I use sugar & water mixed together very well as an exfoliant! It works really well and leaves your hands or anywhere on your body feeling soft and refreshed! :)

posted over 1 year ago

gingercinnamon
Style_council
gingercinnamon

I usually make every kind body scrub with ground coffee (after used for coffee), facial scrub with honey and sugar, mask with caolin and essential oil, hair treatment with different kind of oils, yogurt and eggs and body butter with shea butter mixed with oil :) I really like almost every kind of DYI

posted over 1 year ago

DomDomFox
Style_council
DomDomFox

When I colour my mums hair with Henna powder the packets usually advice to add warm water but we ignore that haha. We mix the henna powder with egg, yoghurt and rose tea and when we wash the henna out later on her hair is so richly coloured and silky smooth! All those ingredients work wonders on your hair

posted over 1 year ago

euphorickim
Style_council
euphorickim

I usually have chapped lips especially on a cold weather and I used sugar and olive oil as lip scrub. wash it with warm water. it works for me.

posted over 1 year ago

flockingowls
Style_council
flockingowls

I have yet to try it, but I heard that if you rub coffee grinds in your hair after you wash it, your hair will be super soft and shiny. The coffee grinds have to be used, so after your morning coffee you take the grinds into the shower and rub them in your hair and wash them out.

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION