SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Style4TheCamera
Style_council
Style4TheCamera

Do you all prefer to color your own hair at home, or do you go to a salon to get it done? I know salon prices can be expensive, but I think I like the whole experience of getting my hair played with for a day. What about you?

posted almost 3 years ago
Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

I agree. It’s worth the extra money for someone professional to play with my hair :)

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

I can’t stand other people’s hands in my hair. It’s one of the reasons why I cut my own hair, too.
I don’t do box sets, I get the color and the developer from Sally’s and do it that way.
I was in cosmetology in high school, so I know, to a point, how to color hair and all that jazz, but if I ever wanted to bleach it, I would go to a salon.

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

I usually do it at home if I’m just going darker, but I really want to add some purple extensions in – that’s definitely something I will go to the salon for. I have a hard time paying upwards of $100 for something I can do at home for $10 – that’s a lot of money I could spend on clothes and shoes!

maddiejayy
Style_council
maddiejayy

I definitely agree that it’s nicer to just go into a salon. Being a stylist myself though, I usually just do it myself to save money.

posted over 2 years ago

deannasays
Style_council
deannasays

I love getting it done at the hairdressers, it’s absolutely worth the whole experience. If I just need to touch up my roots, then I do it at home because it can get really expensive if I go to the salon every time it needs doing.

posted over 2 years ago

KateSeverson
New_user KateSeverson is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When KateSeverson reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
KateSeverson

I don’t currently color my hair, but if I do in the future I will definitely go to a salon.

I’m paranoid that I’ll screw something up and I’m so fond of my hair that I would rather pay a professional from a quality salon to do something for me. I’ve had super experiences with Aveda salons in the past, so that’s where I almost always go to get work done on my hair.

posted over 2 years ago

Countnumber7
Style_council
Countnumber7

If I have to money I would do it all the time at the salon but I am okay with colouring it at home

posted over 2 years ago

itshayliebrooke
Style_council
itshayliebrooke

I have it done at home, but my sister has her cosmetology license, so it’s a little bit of both :)

posted over 2 years ago

hannahsmithy
Style_council
hannahsmithy

I do it at home because the last two times I went to a salon to bleach/colour my hair, it went terribly and the colour faded incredibly fast. My purple hair’s lasted much longer than when the salon did it.

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION