Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
New_user 245673 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 245673 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

Is there a wrong or right way to walk in high heels?

posted almost 3 years ago
moonbrain
Style_council
moonbrain

Ahh, let’s see. I guess start with kitten heels and work your way up. Breathe. Don’t hold your breath when walking. Use good posture and take long strides. Usually the lazier you get while walking in heels, the more likely you are to fall. Carry flats in a bag if possible!

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I guess my biggest tips are:
1) It’s still heel-toe, heel-toe, same as walking in flats. Don’t stomp the whole foot down at once. (Unless you’re on stairs, then focus your weight on the toe).
2) Step one foot in front of (or nearly in front of) the other. It keeps you balanced, and also gives you the right swagger (:
3) Your strides will be smaller in heels than in flat shoes. Don’t try to make them longer than feels natural, or your balance will get off.
4) Don’t lean forward. To keep your posture straight, you might even feel as if you are leaning back very slightly.
5) Practice! With practice you will get a feel for the consistent rhythm of your walk in different heel-heights, the same way you did when you learned to walk in the first place.

And of course make sure your shoes fit properly!

I wouldn’t worry about learning to walk a “wrong way.” It’s “wrong” if you’re leaning forward over your heels, stumbling, rocking, weaving all over the place, or taking lots of uneven, inconsistent steps— things that are obviously awkward. But if you feel comfortable, balanced, and have good posture, that’s all there is to it.

H07xox
Style_council
H07xox

practice and practice… keep a good posture !!

andreaminoza
Style_council
andreaminoza

It’s wrong if you’re limping..meaning you’re not used to wearing them.My advice, where them a a week-two weeks before you’re going to use them so that you’ll eventually get used to it and it won’t be hard to. Also, remember to keep your poise strong. :)

EsAlThani
Style_council
EsAlThani

This a youtube video that i found for you maybe you’ll like it and find it helpful!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NsqfS1wU7M&feature=channel_video_title”;

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

It’s good to get those squishy gel inserts for your high heels too, they make walking in heels a much more comfortable experience.

urbanbohemianluv
Style_council
urbanbohemia...

Stand up straight, and walk around your house when you get them so your foot stretches the material and helps prevent blisters prior to use. Wedges are much easier to walk in. So i suggest getting used to wedges then move on to heels. Also, try getting heels with platforms so that your weight isn’t being supported by your toe and ball of your foot. (and platforms are more comfortable than heels with no platforms..at least for me.)

ttttiffanieex33
Style_council
ttttiffanieex33

Posture.

blairbadge
Style_icon
blairbadge

Imagine that a string is pulling the top of your head towards the ceiling — Tuck your tummy in — Shoulders back — Place feet one foot in front of the other as you walk [you don’t want to look as though you have something between your thighs] — And practice at home!! I even practice in front of a mirror after buying new shoes to ensure I don’t look ridiculous!

xoxo, Blair.

williams_john
New_user williams_john is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When williams_john reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
williams_john

I think it is better before marriage … after marriage if girls use high heel then it may be cause of dangerous delivery….. its practical that the girl who not use high heel after marriage they always face normal delivery…..
www.viviteonline.com

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

williams_john ;whats normal/dangerous delivery?

violentdove
Style_council
violentdove

Start out with smaller, thicker heels; platforms and wedges are the easiest to walk in. Also, take smaller steps; you’ll just look weird if you take super long strides.

posted over 2 years ago

Mishelle
Style_council
Mishelle

walk around in your house first

posted over 2 years ago

perluxlucis
Style_council
perluxlucis

Buy nice brands. I know it sounds weird, but you get what you pay for, and well made heels will be so, so comfy. Also, find your correct size. I notice that tons of women I see in heels have too much space in the back. This will put the arch support in an awkward place, and your heels will slip out. The heels should be comfortably snug, and your feet should not slip out of them when you walk. I love heels, and don’t really have trouble walking in them but… Part of it may have to do with my feet. I have high arches and very narrow feet, so heels tend to work out for me. Yet even so, some heels are just insanely high or too arched and hurt so much or are challenging by nature! Ugh!

posted over 2 years ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

straight

posted almost 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION