yenbanate
Style_council
yenbanate

let me see your comment about this

posted over 2 years ago
mare_santos
Style_council
mare_santos

is not such good idea to use those kind of products, those are quemicals messing with ur dna… not the best idea…

posted over 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I don’t understand the obsession with getting ghost-white skin in mainland asia.. I always see women carrying umbrellas and wearing gloves/long-sleeved shirts in 90-degree weather for fear of—gasp—melanogenesis. it’s clearly not for medical reasons, given the prevalence of this bizarre phenomenon.

I’m asian and I enjoy a healthy glow, am I just weird?

posted over 2 years ago

DelightfulDecember
Style_council
DelightfulDe...

I’m not sure if there’s a safe way to do so. XD

Otherwise, I think it is best to accept the skin color you already have. I bet your natural skin is light tan or olive, you are beautiful my dear.

I also agree with tightsandtea with this kind of issue. I think it is fine to carry a parasol to screen your skin from burning, but to the point of wearing gloves and covered in warm clothing on a hot day is too much.

posted over 2 years ago

trinnah
Style_council
trinnah

It’s crazy how every time I go home, I’m always bombarded with “how to lighten yourself” commercials or products. But here, it’s the complete opposite. My friends are always at the beach, trying to get a tan. Me, on the other hand, I couldn’t care less either way. :) I think everybody is beautiful in their own skin!

posted about 2 years ago

HotPants
Style_council
HotPants

Eh people obsessed with being white are just as bad as people who go out tanning. I’m natural quite pale but I tan easily since I’m in South Florida so I wear spf 50 every day on my regular skin and spf 70 on my tattoos and face.

Just like who you are, I know everyone says it but it’s true. I love body modification but don’t do something just because culture stuffs it down your throat.

posted about 2 years ago

hadelicious
Style_council
hadelicious

You’re gonna have to use a whole lot of calamansi if you want to be light all over!
Meh, I’m sick of the skin lightening and whitening creams that everyone and their mom is using nowadays. I’ve seen this all the way from North Africa to South East Asia. Its a shame that I know some people who’ve gotten pretty obsessed with having “flawless” white faces that they have to do dialysis because the chemicals damaged their kidneys. So much for inner beauty.

posted about 2 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

I like being lighter but I don’t mind my darker summer tan.i change shades with the seasons,just wait til winter!

posted about 2 years ago

BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

i think we should all learn how to embrace our natural color. like F4shion said above, her skin tans in summer and is pale in the colder months….she doesn;t go FORCING it.

posted about 2 years ago

ashley2011
New_user ashley2011 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When ashley2011 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
ashley2011

I never try calamansi. But I heard is the same with lemon?

posted over 1 year ago

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

This is why I rarely go home to Asia. People think my skin color look horrible and lower class (wha..?). Here my natural tan is idolized.

But I grew up trying to make my skin lighter. I tried every possible thing and nothing works. Calamansi only brightens the look of your skin and makes it look cleaner. But there is no way you can make you skin look whiter.

posted over 1 year ago

LeslieHenson
New_user LeslieHenson is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When LeslieHenson reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
LeslieHenson

i dont think calamasi can whiter a skin.

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION