SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
urbanpocahontas
Style_council
urbanpocahontas

Hi, everyone! I was wondering if any of you taking birth control experienced your acne clearing up? Nothing else works for me right now!

posted almost 4 years ago
tanyabell
Style_council
tanyabell

Yes! I went on BC right before I got married and it dried up my skin really well. HOWEVER, I am off it already [less than year], because I did not like the other side effects. I used one tampon my whole period and I felt bloated 24/7. The pill does a really good job on reducing/eliminating acne, but you need to talk to your doctor first to make sure that it is O.K.

amoebaeinwedges
Style_council
amoebaeinwedges

it did clear up but once u stop it comes back almost immediately

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

It does help, but like others have said it might come back once you stop taking it! Talk to your doctor about certain types/brands of birth control that might help! My friend says the pill works really well for her in reducing acne but she has to buy a certain brand that is more expensive. I take a generic brand of birth control, and I haven’t seen that much of a difference personally!

polkadotlace
Style_council
polkadotlace

Birth control sure helps with acne…. but it might not be the best solution :/
I’ve heard that roaccutane always clears up acne very well, and I’ve got a few friends on it at the moment but the side effects can be a bit nasty..

adelejoanna
Style_council
adelejoanna

I have done it for years

bluecherry
Style_council
bluecherry

BC definitely helps with acne. I have been on it for almost 3 years and my acne is like maybe 1 pimple a month, if that. The BC’s that are FDA approved for helping with your skin are Ortho-Tri-Cyclen, and Yaz, but i think really any BC would help.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION