SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ionamoss
Style_council
ionamoss

I’ve tried out so many different foundations – but am yet to find one that gives really good coverage for fair skin without making me look orange/yellow…even when i buy the palest ones!
any good suggestions?

posted over 3 years ago
HelenZ
Style_council
HelenZ

For good coverage, I recommend two brands – Laura Mercier I used for my wedding day make up. Prescriptives is really good too. The only challenge is that you can’t buy it at physical stores, but I hear their online chat support is pretty good.

posted over 3 years ago

girlpanic
Style_council
girlpanic

I would recommend finding the lightest shade of foundation you can, I like Cover Girl TruBlend in the lightest shade. Before applying this, dot on a bit of Maybelline stick concealer in White (not sure if this is the actual color but it looks white) and then blend with a foundation brush; it gives the best coverage and blends the concealer in all over with the base to create a smooth porcelain finish. I hope this helps, I struggled what seems like FOREVER to find a matching shade! xo

posted over 3 years ago

notsohum
Style_council
notsohum

My friend has super fair skin, even the lightest skin colour for foundations don’t work for her and she told me that she uses baby powder! It smells good, makes skin soft and hides any blemishes

posted over 3 years ago

IntrinsicallyFlorrie
Style_council
Intrinsicall...

I had the same problem for years but then I found Bobbi Brown’s shade ‘Alabaster’, you can see it here:
http://intrinsicallyflorrie.blogspot.com/2010/04/problem-at-foundation.html
My best friend is slightly less pale than me and has the next shade up which works brilliantly for her. They have a really good range.

Florrie x

posted over 3 years ago

sundaycrossbow
Style_council
sundaycrossbow

I love love love loreal true match. I’ve been using it for years.

posted over 3 years ago

jadamiranda
Style_council
jadamiranda

I use Complexion Enhancer tinted moisturizer. It’s a good foundation when added in layers. Nice coverage, too.

posted over 3 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

Photo ready comes in a shade called shell, I have been meaning to try it out since it looks like a very strong competitor for me as well. During the winter nothing is too fair for me!

Also suprisingly make-up store has these sport foundations(very sweat resistant if i might add!, though they got a sticky finish which is a -), that come in a shade called leche, which was a brilliant shade.

posted over 3 years ago

plasticflowergarden
Style_council
plasticflowe...

I am the same way. Most brands lightes shades turn me into an oompa loompa :/ Liquid foundation: Loreal True Match has really fair shades, but not the best coverage (used to be but I think they changed the formula). Covergirl does as well, but that caused me and a lot of other girls I know to breakout. Eek! Right now I’m using Lorac foundation, I’m pretty happy with it. Downside is it IS pricey, but a little foundation goes a long way. Pressed powder: Revlon Photo Ready. Top off my Lorac with this and I’m good to go (:

posted over 3 years ago

framedfrosting
Style_council
framedfrosting

I’m pale too. I use Maybelline Fit Me in 115.

posted about 3 years ago

perluxlucis
Style_council
perluxlucis

If they are turning orange/yellow on you, you are probably wearing the incorrect undertones! You need to wear a foundation with pink undertones. NARS Sheer Glow is possibly the best foundation ever for fair skin. I usually have to wear the fairest shade, or the fairest shade is too dark with many brands. I have yellow/neutral undertones, so I wear the color “Gobi.” For you, I’d recommend “Mont Blanc.” With NARS, the next to the fairest is my color!

The next fairest would be Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. The color “Soft Porcelain” is neutral (so it’d work great for slightly pink or neutral undertones) and really insanely good coverage! Almost full (whereas the NARS is light-medium). They don’t carry the super fair shades at Sephora typically for either brand, so visit a counter at Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, etc. and check them out!! :)

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION