SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
sensenotcents
Style_council
sensenotcents

What do you ladies recommend? I am on a college budget but love the convenience of an all in one. My make up routine is simple. I need something a little sturdy, because my powders seem to break very easily.

re-posted

posted almost 2 years ago
tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

imo makeup kits, like the holiday-exclusive ones, tend to have inferior products because they’re more about quantity than quality—they’ll advertise like 70 eyeshadows and lip tints, plus brushes and eyeliner and all that, but the quality of each type of item won’t be as good as if you purchased them individually.

that’s true even for expensive brand-names; I love Tarte, but I hated their holiday makeup palette because the shadows were waay worse quality than what they usually produce.

you’re better off buying each type of makeup individually, rather than in sets. though, it seems like the ULTA kits generally have good reviews (here=). Stila makes cheap, cute travel palettes (here).

posted almost 2 years ago

sensenotcents
Style_council
sensenotcents

Thank you for your feedback! I agree with those statements, however I enjoy the convenience of having everything at my fingertips neatly

posted over 1 year ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

I use make-up kits from ELF and they are really OK for me. Cheers

posted over 1 year ago

miadelatorre
Style_council
miadelatorre

try bb cream instead of powder :)

posted over 1 year ago

sensenotcents
Style_council
sensenotcents

I just tried Mabelline’s BB Cream & I love it.

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION