SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
GirlfriendInAComa
Style_council
GirlfriendIn...

I don’t like when girls wear full on masks of makeup every day….it looks very Bobo the Clown. My day wear consists of concealer, foundation, translucent powder, black waterproof mascara (two different brands), black waterproof liquid liner, brown brow pencil, black mini-brush mascara (for brow setting), lipgloss and that’s it. it sounds like a lot but it just looks like I’m wearing only eyeliner. If I had to choose only two items…I would die without my concealer and liquid liner. These two can do miracles for anyone! I’ve used pretty much every single liquid liner out there and overall Maybelline’s Ultra Liner Waterproof in Black is by far my favorite! Only $6.99! Worth every penny. I’m not very picky with my “brand” of makeup…I use everything from N.Y.C. to MAC to Chanel. If I like it, I buy it. I just need to start buying storage containers to re-organize the chaos…it looks like a Cosmetic Atom Bomb attacked my vanity.

posted almost 6 years ago
fairysoul806
Style_council
fairysoul806

“Cosmetic Atom Bomb attacked my vanity” lmao! when i organize my makeup i feel that my face looks sharper too. is that crazy? and i agree with the overload of makeup for daytime. some ppl look good with it, but i find it to be the exceptions and not the rule. i’m all about a small smoky eye in grey or brown or purple during the day. it’s pretty, looks done but not overdone and makes me feel sassy!

Chrysalis
Style_council
Chrysalis

I wear close to the same but I use an ordinary pencil liner as liquid is a little harsh on me for everyday use. I use a little plastic compartmentalized case to organize my sponges, brushes and eyeshadow brushes.

shoregirl
Style_council
shoregirl

i need to learn to wear makeup better. usually for day i just wear bare minerals and diorshow mascara. but then again i am super lazy! i always tried doing my makeup up, but then i always feel like im wearing WAY to much, especially when it comes to eyeshadow.

magenta
Style_council
magenta

ugh liquid eye liner is amazing! i think the one i have is loreal? rimmel? i’m not sure but it’s a felt tip pen and the packaging is gold. is the wet n wild you use a felt tip? because i have a brush tip from nyc which i don’t like as much since its so smear-able and i’m looking for another to try ..

GirlfriendInAComa
Style_council
GirlfriendIn...

Hey Magenta a.k.a. fellow liq-liner addict….I actually starting layering two different liquid liners because it makes the black more matte. I use the Maybelline felt tip liquid liner over my Maybelline Ultra Liner. The Ultra Liner actually gives me the “double eyelid” look which all asian girls strive for through surgery. I call it miracle in a bottle! I can see how some people find liquid liner tricky…trust me, when I first started using it..I looked like an upside-down panda because my top lid was almost fully covered from getting my curve line crooked. But I have mastered the cat-eye look and wear it every day…actually takes me 2 minutes…record time!

GirlfriendInAComa
Style_council
GirlfriendIn...

Chrysalis, have you ever tried the black cream liner in a pot container from L’Oreal’s H.I.P. line? I am in love with this line because it’s pretty much MAC but more budget friendly. The cream liner glides on with a tiny brush that’s included…it’s a great in-between if you don’t want to use a liquid but sets like a pencil liner.

cindy
Style_council
cindy

I hate it when I see girls go overboard with their liquid foundation, its so obvious I wonder why they dont notice. You think since it covers your entire face, some people would try to at least find one that blends into their skin.
I’m addicted to the cat eye effect with eyeliner, I have to wear that look everyday, my eyes appear super big and nicely almond shaped. I also cant leave the house without mascara, concealer, and a nice nudypink lipstick.

jeniy11
Style_council
jeniy11

What i hate is when i go out and there all chicks all over w pounds of makeup on and they are the ones getting most of the attention from guys, but yet my boyfreind says he likes me with nomakeup. its like…guys wanna look at something phony, but be w something real. just annoying. haha

GirlfriendInAComa
Style_council
GirlfriendIn...

Yeah but the cake faces only get the guys for 5 minutes! lol. Don’t worry…it’s just temporary attention.

BaiserduTueur
Style_council
BaiserduTueur

Girlfriend, I LOVE that L’oreal cream liner but only in black ! For some reason the other colors just don’t work as well. When I use the black it covers nicely & I can apply multiple times to get a more dramatic look; with the other colors my brush seems to just move the color around instead of applying evenly D:

posted over 5 years ago

Miss_Lydia
Style_council
Miss_Lydia

Its really hard to get a foundation that matches ..thats why you see alot of girls with the wrong colour .. what may look great in the store … looks wayyy different outside. I should know .. i wear foundation everyday .. i have a large birthmark on my left cheek. I use dermablend !!! … I would recommend it to anyone who hates when their foundation comes off on clothes , at the end of the day , when you sweat , when it rains ect ect. Im a lifeguard and swim instructor … everyone compliments me because at the end of the day Im the one still with makeup on ;)

posted over 5 years ago

New_user 37089 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 37089 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I cannot stand overdone makeup! It’s scary! Especially liquid foundation.

For everyday, I usually wear concealer, eyeshadow, liner and mascara and some lipgloss (okay chapstick!). But the best foundation I’ve found that looks really naturally airbrushed is Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals, which is powder-based mineral makeup that you buff into your skin with a brush. Seriously everytime I see photos of myself wearing it, I’m amazed at how good my skin looks! I’m wearing the stuff in my first three posts here on Chictopia.

posted over 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

I stopped wearing foundation months ago, partly because i’m in a rush to get ready in the mornings (rushing makeup = orange tidemarks for me) and partly because it was becoming a vicious cycle where i’d slather on more of it to conceal the acne that was becoming more exacerbated by the foundation. After a course of antibiotics, which REALLY helped my skin, i’m not bothered about it anymore. I wear black mascara and possibly some powder if my nose is very shiny, and red lipstick when i’m going out.

posted over 5 years ago

minxehh
Style_council
minxehh

Mmmm I love liquid liner ><
I usually only wear it when I’m doing smoky eyes though.

For day makeup I use a little bit of liquid foundation which matches my skin tone perfectly, it’s the loreal age-defying one I think? Which is great because it’s made to cover wrinkles so it provides me with excellent coverage on my wrinkle-free 16 year old skin. Then I apply some translucent matte powder over my T-zone so I don’t get any shine, add a tiiiiiiny little bit of blush or bronzer (depending on the season) to the apples of my cheeks, use a little silver or white liner and shadow in the inner corners of my eyes and do about 800 coats of mascara, curling them between coats. Then I line my lips with a nude liner and dab a little blam or light pink gloss in the middle of my lips and I’m set :)

And as girlfriendinacoma previously stated, it DOES sound like alot when you type it all out, but really keeps it lovely and natural and highlights your features.

Does anybody have any makeup rules they have set for themselves?
I don’t let myself do smoky eyes during the day, because my eyes are like a dark green colour and I feel like it looks way too heavy and cakey.
Wth the exception of a little brown and grey of course, occasionally I treat myself to that ><

posted about 5 years ago

supchrista
Style_council
supchrista

On a normal basis, I don’t really like wearing makeup, it’s too troublesome to use a lot of the time. But sometimes, when I’m in the mood, I’ll just wear foundation, M.A.C base in like Shell, I think, and then just put on some liquid eyeliner on the top lids.

If I need to put anything else on, usually I’ll maybe add some gold eyeshadow, or black and white eyeshadow, or something else. And if I have my red lipstick/gloss, i’ll usually tone down the eyes.
I don’t really wear a lot of makeup.

posted about 5 years ago

speakslow
Style_council
speakslow

Okay, I admit it… I used to absolutley cake on makeup, but I think I’ve learned now. Because of how fast I have to get ready for school I just use some concealer, foundation, setting powder, brown pencil eyeliner underneath my eye and brown eyeshadow on my lids. I hate it when really pale girls insist on using excessive amounts of black eyeliner during the day. Some is fine, it defines your eyes; but when you have it half a centimeter above and below your eyes it just looks slutty. Same with mascara. There is a difference between having beautiful long lashes and lashes that are half a goddamn inch long.

posted about 5 years ago

Vivi_T
Style_council
Vivi_T

I use to never use eyeliner, like in sticks, because Im so afraind of making mistakes on my eyelids.. then I found this loreal liner that literally works like a marker! It’s awesome because it’s so accurate on my small eyes. So I go for the cats-eye look..And I never pile it on, cause like speakslow says, 2 much of it just looks slutty.

Once I get my hands on some prescription acne medicine, my skin will be fine, I hate using lotion because then it gets greasy :(.

For my lips, I use this Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick SPF 15 it is so amazing and I’m really sad that I’m running out. It delivered the perfect amount of moisture, no greasy or stickiness (I HATE stickiness!) Smoothed and plumped my lips, and wasnt all “chicken grease” shiny (I HATE chicken grease shine!). Best of all, it came in an attractive white lipstick tube with a silver band, which had elizabeth arden engraved into it. I should buy more..

It retails at 17.oo and I had bought a set of it at 7!

posted about 5 years ago

catbitches
Style_council
catbitches

I agree, over caked make up is not hot look. Been there, done that, got a job at Chanel cosmetics and it never happened again!

I think it takes awhile for you to find you’re make up "look. Took me ages to figure out a fail safe natual (ish) look.

I agree I could not live without my cat flick eyeliner: liquid liner is the best. So following the rules of one or another (never both) I keep the rest of my make up really neutral…

Things I use- Brow pencil, bare escentuals mineral foundation, MAC concealer, MAC cream peach blush, mascara and Chanel Soin Tendre sp15.

posted about 5 years ago

ash1590
New_user ash1590 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When ash1590 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
ash1590

thats a full face of make up

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION