SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
railophone
Style_council
railophone

I’m full Asian [though I don’t exactly look like it], and I have brown eyes. There are times where I’ve wanted other colors, but I realized there was no point.
But I think it’s just having the mindset that “westerners” look pretty with lighter colored eyes, and that to be pretty, you had to have those eye colors, too. I think as part of human nature, things that are different intrigue us and that we can be easily attracted to it.

Edit: Guys, I didn’t actually create this post. :|
The OP must’ve deleted their post, so…

posted about 5 years ago
1 2
BEBESALLYtopia
Style_council
BEBESALLYtopia

Chaning the eye color looks fun and different, probably for some occasions. If the asian girl can pull it off, then thats fine. It’s not that we want to be more westernish.

I personally like my dark brown eyes the way they are. LOL, my boyfriend said girls who wear contact lens are fake. no offense

posted almost 5 years ago

FitriFensury
Style_council
FitriFensury

Am Asian and am wearing colored contact. I think it enhances my overall looks tho. There is noting wrong for an Asian to wear contact lenses as long as the color goes well with the skin tone. FYI, violet with a dark circle around the lense contact gives two effect (dark and purple) on your eyes color.

posted almost 5 years ago

DigitalMK
Style_council
DigitalMK

I’m Asian and I have grey contacts. I’ve had green, turquoise, and blue sapphire before. I’ve gotten many compliments on them also but I think of it as just another accessory. And plus I really need to wear them because they’re prescription and I’ve lost my glasses! I think it just really depends on if you can pull it off or not.

posted over 4 years ago

angelliuliu
Style_council
angelliuliu

Wearing coloured contacts can add that extra oomph if you have really cool makeup on that day :D The way I see it, it’s like adding a necklace or stack of bangles to a smashing outfit. I’m asian and I was born with rather light brown eyes (most likely passed fown from 1/2 Russian grandma), and I wear grey contacts sometimes when I feel like wearing smoky eyes :D I reckon it’s more the fun factor than trying to look ‘natural’.

posted over 4 years ago

piggy
Style_council
piggy

i use to wear colored contacts for a while, i’ve been told i look brazilian w/it and that i look better w/it so i stuck w/it …but then i figured it wasn’t worth sacrificing my eye sight and i went back to “looking asian”. i was glad to go back to clear contacts cus i think the reason that “I” choose to wear it was not good.
lesson i learned : i was trying too hard to not look like the ethnicity that i was because in my community, my ethnicity was lookeed down upon & i also stereotyped my own people..
frankly, i think it has a lot to do with wanting to look unique.
people have dif. reasons for wearing colored contacts, doesn’t mean theyre all ashamed of looking asian or being asian because not all asians have brown or dark brown eyes & its foolish to assume that its cus we want to look like a certain ethnicity all the time.

posted over 4 years ago

INOC_IS
Style_council
INOC_IS

I am part of the API community myself and I have to say as an Asian American woman, your eyes do not define who you are as an Asian woman. I believe you have the right to play with your look however and in whatever way you choose. The question is what is your “mindset”? Is the way you choose to express yourself because of you or is it because you want to satisfy a need to conform to what you believe society believes is beautiful. “Blond and blue eyed” or “Western look” are boxes, concepts of beauty imposed on society to make the majority feel comfortable.
Also, though I believe everyone has the right to play with your look however and in whatever way you choose, I do feel irked with looks that come off forced and unnatural. For instance, bright blond hair on an Asian woman. Now, you know your hair did not grow out of your head that way!But see thats just me. You have to find what works for you, especially when you are a woman of color like myself and then be brave enough to own it!

posted over 4 years ago

justlikejudas
Style_council
justlikejudas

Personally, I dislike it when Asian girls wear colored contacts. It’s just a personal thing. I don’t have problems when other people wear it, but I wouldn’t do so myself.

posted over 4 years ago

JerriMortis
Style_council
JerriMortis

I’m Asian
I’ve had bluish Gray contacts
i think they’re fabulous! :)
much luck! :)

posted over 4 years ago

Mollfie
Style_council
Mollfie

I think that people always look best when they’re natural. But it can be fun to experiment from time to time.

posted over 4 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

i think purple and brown colored lenses are flattering, but grey and blue are definitely freaky. been there done that and it just looks strange!

posted over 3 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

Yup it just looks strange. Do it for fun if you like. I usually wear my glasses but have tried blue, brown and green contacts, but i try to make them look natural although they pop out a lot,the green the most.

And maybe i am mistaken, but lighter coloured eyes used to be connected to spirits being hostile towards the human in some asian mystics.
So i don’t see how that fits into the “idolizing westerners”, dislike that term altogether as well, and must be a modern way of thinking.

posted over 3 years ago

xanjelix
Style_council
xanjelix

i think they are cute on asian girls. specially the japanese chinese korean ladies. they are the usual models.

posted over 3 years ago

Bennie52491
Style_council
Bennie52491

I agree with INOC_IS

posted over 3 years ago

Necca
Style_council
Necca

Why only Asian girls? I think different colored eyes are gorgeous. I have a pair of aqua circle lenses myself, and a blue pair on their way in the mail. I think it’s just fun to put them on. They’re like an accessory; They just add to an outfit.

posted over 3 years ago

hadelicious
Style_council
hadelicious

I don’t think it has anything to do with ethnicity, if it looks good on you then why not! However, I dislike the huge doll contacts ’cause those just look a tad freaky to me.

posted over 3 years ago

RaeCas11
New_user RaeCas11 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When RaeCas11 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
RaeCas11

I’m asian american, I think it’s cute. c: lol But I dunno. I’ve had gold, light blue, bright electric blue, clear, grey, and green. my natural color is hazel and I love it. But I think it adds to the outfit.

posted over 3 years ago

artschooldropout
Style_council
artschooldro...

I think wearing colored contacts is no problem. but wearing them everyday to the point where people forget what you really look like…i think thats when it gets unnecessary

posted over 3 years ago

tiennguyen
Style_council
tiennguyen

im asian and i have a pair of green and a pair of grey contacts that i wear occasionally to make my eyes pop and helps my stand out more(=

posted about 3 years ago

feekaane
Style_council
feekaane

I’m full vietnamese and have been wanting light brown contacts for a very, very long time! My eyes are dark brown, I just want them to look a bit lighter so it would look nicer with different color eyeshadows. It’s just personal preference in my opinion! :)

posted about 3 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION