SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TheColorExplosion
Style_council
TheColorExpl...

I have very pale skin with redness, pimples, oil.
Any good makeup so I won’t look fake and orange?
Also: anything budget concious? I can’t spend hundreds of dollars on makeup :(

posted over 4 years ago
PrincessFero
Style_council
PrincessFero

you are young so you are going to have to suffer with acne :(
but i like bare minerals makeup

posted over 4 years ago

FrivolousDistinction
Style_council
FrivolousDis...

I have fair, extremely sensitive skin and acne in some areas as a side effect of a medication. It’s responding well to Retin A. I still have some hyperpigmentation here and there (red marks on the sites of old blemishes), growing more faint all the time.

My favourite foundation for areas where I need more coverage is Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Soft Ivory – a good, pretty neutral pale shade that can be sheered out or layered. It’s not cheap but a little goes a long way so it’s quite economical. I should say that my skin isn’t oily, but I know some combination and oily skinned people who also use and like this foundation.

A good, reliable fuller coverage foundation that’s also good if you’re on a budget is Revlon ColorStay for Combination/Oily Skin – try the Ivory shade.

I’ve found mineral makeup to exacerbate acne in the long term, but your mileage may vary.

posted over 4 years ago

agirlcalledquest
Style_council
agirlcalledq...

I am very fair with oily/acne prone skin and the best foundation I’ve used is mineral powder foundation. I am currently using the mineral powder by Prestige, but most other mineral foundations have worked for me as well. For more coverage, I used liquid and I always use Revlon Colorstay foundation for combination/oily skin. For oily skin, I always recommend using powder to set it!

For red splotches on skin, I used a green correcting concealer (I use Physician’s formula) before I put on foundation. Good luck!

posted over 4 years ago

HarlowNoir
Style_council
HarlowNoir

to counter act the redness get a green concealer and dot it on all of the red spots or where you have scarring or acne.
i suggest http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm/product/1922_140/color-corrector-quad.cfm
it goes on smooth and doesnt make me break out

and for foundation on a budget try the new revlon one…
http://www.ulta.com/images/products/detail/2212501.jpg
it covers really good and is very light feeling and doesnt break you out

posted over 4 years ago

TheColorExplosion
Style_council
TheColorExpl...

thanks for all the adivce :) I’m gonna have to make a shopping list now

posted over 4 years ago

LadyAshMarie
Style_council
LadyAshMarie

you can try using tea tree oil and see if that helps clear up your acne. I have very very pale skin and acne too with lots of oil and I find tea tree oil works very well and it helps the oily skin problem too!

posted over 4 years ago

Samanthalove1984
Style_council
Samanthalove...

If you have persistent acne you can get on retin A or another perscription acne medication. That’s the only thing that works for me. Right now I’m on Azelex.

As far as foundation I use loreal true match. Its the only drugstore brand that Ive found that doesnt look too dark or pink on my skin. To cover any blemishes I use the yellow color corrector from everyday minerals. You have to order it online but its not very expensive. You need a concealer brush to apply it though. You can get a cheap one a target. I recommend eco tools.

Good luck hun!

posted over 4 years ago

tenoria
Style_council
tenoria

Laura Mercier’s mineral powders are also really nice – non comedogenic, good color range, and not too pricy for a high-end brand. They’ve worked quite well for me when I had hormonal acne.

posted over 4 years ago

dearfish
Style_council
dearfish

I love Tarte Makeup. It’s natural and they have light colors that look great with my super pale skin. I use the concealer and the mineral powder.

posted about 4 years ago

statues
Style_council
statues

Loreal infallible! I have the same issues with my skin. I’ve tried a lotttt of foundations and this is the only kind I have bought more than once. The lighter shades are very natural, with good coverage which I’ve always had trouble finding!

posted about 4 years ago

lornahulse
New_user lornahulse is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When lornahulse reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
lornahulse

I have very very pale skin with redness and lots of excess oil. Having tried nearly every brand of skincare and makeup, i want to share what i have discovered. To get blemish free, less oily skin use dermalogica. Its absolutely amazing. I have also tried about every brand of foundation from cheap to expensive and until now never found one that was pale enough or didnt streak after an hour ( even when using primer ). I have now discovered Revlon Colourstay for combination/oily skin in ivory. It is super super pale and seriously does not move or streak all day.

posted almost 3 years ago

carouth
Style_council
carouth

I have the same skin color/issues. I was using a Rimmel foundation, but they discontinued it recently. Let me know what works for you.

jadamiranda
Style_council
jadamiranda

I have oily skin and I use Omorovicza Complexion Enhancer tinted moisturizer with spf 15 as my foundation.

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I’ve never used it, but there’s a line of skin creams called BB Cream—different companies make their own. They’re supposedly miracle products, because they’re anti-acne and tinted moisturizers at the same time :) maybe you could try some?

sukavati
Style_council
sukavati

I use Avon concealer. Matches my skin tone perfectly and covers all of my acne

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

just a note about any makeup—test it on a small area of your skin beforehand! I bought a lancome tinted moisturizer and it made my face break out like crazy. it took a week for my skin to recover :/

sandmallow
Style_council
sandmallow

ORIGINS!!!

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Clinique makes a great line of redness reducing products. I have both the loose powder and the foundation. One thing I learned though, is you don’t need to use both at the same time. It made me look too pale. Everyone kept telling me how tired I looked, haha. Not the cheapest, but the powder lasts forever! If you’re real tight on cash, use Witch Hazel as a toner in the mornings. It isn’t over-drying and is an astringent which means it will help reduce redness by closing tiny blood vessels.

Also, talk to a Clinique rep even if you don’t have the $ for make-up. They might be able to tell you if your pimples are caused by oil or dryness and irritation!

As for bronzers, try Physician’s Formula or any company that makes a bronzer compact WITHOUT shimmer. This can make skin look greasy. Remember to use the minimal amount. Swipe the brush on the compact once or twice then blend on to your cheekbones and temples.

emleng7
Style_council
emleng7

Proactive

AlexandraGill
Style_council
AlexandraGill

My favorite makeup is anything by Clinique. it never breaks my skin out, it stays on, most all of it is hypoallergenic, even their face washes keep my skin clear. (I use the wash away gel cleanser and i rarely have a break out).

REPLY TO DISCUSSION