SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
loveonthebackseat
Style_council
loveonthebac...

So yeah… I have been biting my nails since I was 5 and I just can’t stop. I tried everything, really, everything! But I heard that if you get fake nails, you get over your bad habit. Is this true? And if so, what type of nails should I do? I have read that gel nails are better, because they don’t feel as annoying as acrylic ones… is this true?

posted over 4 years ago
raapunzel
Style_council
raapunzel

not sure about which type is better, sorry about that but: a girl i used to work with had fake nails for the same reason as you, it worked for her while she had them on. but she said she couldn’t kick the habit whenever they fell off or if she had them removed. not sure if the same would happen to you, it might have been a willpower/boredom thing (we worked a really boring job at the time) i’d say it is still worth a try.

posted over 4 years ago

loveonthebackseat
Style_council
loveonthebac...

@lejakl Well, I don’t really know what the reason is… I’ve been doing it for so long, that I don’t even realize it anymore :(

posted over 4 years ago

jaimieheart
Style_council
jaimieheart

Honestly, you’ll probably just end up chewing on them because they will feel so awkward on your fingertips.

posted over 4 years ago

Jrsf
Style_council
Jrsf

I bite my nails too! Since a car accident 8 years ago. I’ve tried everything, cannot stop. I usually can grow them for awhile.. then once they look longer I end up bitin them off.

Like lejakl said, I figured out why I bite them. Usually for me it’s a looks thing. I bite them to try to make them look more polished/not as ragged or I’m trying to get rid of hangnails. So I’ve gone to the drugstore and gotten 8$ fakes and tried them. Works for awhile. You should try it, see how it goes.

Right now what has been working is a cuticle trimmer! I bought one at Winners or Homesense (I dont know if you live in Canada or not?) and it cost 11$. It helps trim my cuticles and dead skin really really well – wayyy better than nail clippers! It helps keep me from needing to bite my nails to make them “look better”.

Good luck!

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION