SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
crayola4kids
Style_council
crayola4kids

So, I’ve had acne since I was 11, and I’ve tried everything under the sun. It’s been getting better, because I’ve been drinking more water and washing with an all natural scrub. The problem is it left a lot of scarring behind. I was wondering what you guys might recommend to help me get rid of the scarring faster? I’ve heard that this stuff called Egyptian Magic is really good, but it’s $40 a jar.

posted about 4 years ago
fancypants
Style_council
fancypants

Okay I would really only do this if you have like SEVERE scars.

I had a scar on my neck from a cancer surgery and I started using scar therapy patches from Walmart and they are amazing. They dramatically smoothed the scar out and make it blend into the rest of my skin. Ofcourse you can still see it a little bit, but it worked wonders. The only down side is that it’s about the same as that stuff you mentioned, 40ish dollars. Plus you do have to wear them for about 6 hours a day for 3+months. I just wore them while I was sleeping and they worked amazingly. Again, if you don’t want to spend that cash, you can always go see a dermatologist for any other suggestions.

posted about 4 years ago

crayola4kids
Style_council
crayola4kids

Thanks, I might try that. They’re not too bad, but I’d prefer for them to not be there.

posted about 4 years ago

alinaceusan
Style_icon
alinaceusan

propolis? natural & good scar remover!

posted about 4 years ago

PurpleLabNYC
Style_council
PurpleLabNYC

Rubbing Vitamin E on scars can reduce the redness in size and redness as well as any product with green tea in it such as Sudden Change Scar Zone A, it’s affordable and available in most drug stores!

posted about 4 years ago

artyaffair
Style_council
artyaffair

this brand “b liv” from Sa Sa with the name “off with the heads” or sth like that works for me ! of course, with proper food & sleep

posted about 4 years ago

FrivolousDistinction
Style_council
FrivolousDis...

A prescription retinoid (see your family doctor or dermatologist) + sunscreen. For an OTC remedy, a retinaldehyde product by Avene (Diacneal, Eluage or Ystheal) or a glycolic or mandelic acid-based leave-on treatment (acne.org, Alpha Hydrox, Garden of Wisdom, DDF, etc). Again, you need to combine these with sunscreen during the day as they can make your skin more photosensitive.

Although it is great for minor wound/scar-healing, many people with acne-prone skin find that vitamin E oil is comedogenic (pore-clogging). I’d double check the ingredients of Egyptian Magic for potential pore-cloggers before use, too. For marks from full-blown, medically recognised acne, you’re likely to need something more potent/aggressive.

I had mild to moderate drug-induced acne (from a long-term medication) on my chin/jaw which left red marks and some ice-pick scarring. I use retin A (tretinoin) at the lowest available strength (0.01%), which after only a few months had done more than anything to halt the acne, but had also reduced the scarring to the point where it’s no longer visible to anyone but me…and I have to squint up close in the mirror. I have very sensitive skin, but I used it responsibly and had no problems.

Retinoids shouldn’t be taken lightly, but they can be extremely effective.

posted about 4 years ago

medryl
Style_council
medryl

Clinique even better dark spot corrector
50$ the bottle but it works…and very good on white women

posted almost 4 years ago

IndigoWhisper
Style_council
IndigoWhisper

australian tea tree oil, it helped me, and it’s a safe way to treat them. I have a medium acne problem, but I do have a lot of scars. I mix nivea regular cream with some oil rub it on my clean skin in the morning and in the evening. During the day I make a honey and lemon mask and keep it on my face for 15 minutes. Also I noticed a big difference since I’ve started washing my face with cold water only, and I stopped wearing foundation, I just put some mineral powder and that’s it. Small steps make a big difference. I advise you to try some of this things too. Also, I completely changed my diet , and started taking B complex and Zinc. Good luck!

levirta
Style_council
levirta

my doctor said that acne come out of fatty food and to neutralize it you have to drink a lot of mineral water. it works! because mineral water good for our health especially our face skin. :)

neodong
New_user neodong is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When neodong reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
neodong

Problem is… there are multiple acne solution treatments on The market this dangerous right now.

for saving your money and want to get a clear skin i recommend this product, because it is just using nature.
i have found it with google last month

Acne Solution Treatment

*sorry for my bad english

posted over 3 years ago

SecretB5StopsAcne
Style_council
SecretB5Stop...

Facial acne is easier to treat than body acne, but has a bigger chance of coming back in the form of flare-ups. Dust, air pollution, cosmetics and shaving are all factors that work in favor of acne by irritating your skin or clogging your pores.

posted over 3 years ago

messdress
New_user messdress is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When messdress reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
messdress

i tonight i`ve got acne than i put some toothpaste in my acne, and tommorow morning will be dry my acne.

simple and easy.

posted over 3 years ago

bubblegum93
Style_council
bubblegum93

as someone who has dealt with acne for a long time( 9 years?, a long time in my 17 years), AHA is great for clearing up scarring. go to acne.org to purchase and to talk with other people with acne problems. great site!

posted over 3 years ago

mcbaral
Style_council
mcbaral

Just take birth control pills, Diane 35 can solve all your acne problems!

posted about 3 years ago

sundaycrossbow
Style_council
sundaycrossbow

Sunscreen always.
Mederma, cocoa butter or vitamin E oil.

posted about 3 years ago

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

I use to use a fade creme for mine that worked really well. Then one day the clinique counter at my local macy’s was having a promotion so i tried their 3 step process and I have feel in love with it. It is a little more expensive because it is 3 different products and each one can run up to $30 dollars depending on size but it is well worth it. There is a soap, that is used to wash your face, then a clarifying lotion which pulls the dirt out of your pores which tends to sting when you first use it which shows how dirty our skin really is and then there is a moisturizing lotion to put healthy oil back into your skin.

posted about 3 years ago

yamigirl
Style_council
yamigirl

raw shea butter and African black soap, i had lots of blemishes but they’ve reduced drastically thanks to the butter and soap :) also try exercise?

posted about 3 years ago

laurren
Style_council
laurren

Hi, my dear! I know how difficult acne problems can be! I have also struggled with it. You would need to see your doctor, but Retin-A has worked wonders for keeping my skin clear and evening out some pretty bad scarring. I think you can get over-the-counter retinol treatments as well. I’ve heard they are just as effective. Be warned—when using this type of product, it may get a little worse (my skin was a little dryer than normal) before it gets better. Good luck to you!

posted about 3 years ago

jadamiranda
Style_council
jadamiranda

I used vitamin e oil and Omorovicza Complexion Brightener.

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION