SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
oliviaba7x
Style_council
oliviaba7x

I stopped using Skin ID from Neutrogena because my form of paying for it had to be canceled. Anyways I wasn’t to freaked out cause I was excited to try new products. My acne had gone from bad to good to worse. I really don’t know what to do anymore. I have oily skin so I am prone to acne. Anyways I don’t touch my face at all, I’ve changed my pillow cases, I just can’t deal with it anymore.

Any amazing products or DIY treatements you guys suggest? My skin tends to respond well to benzoyl peroxide

posted almost 2 years ago
robin77
Style_council
robin77

My friend had good results with Proactiv ; )

Madam123
Style_council
Madam123

Use plain yogurt! Blemishes are bacteria-filled pore (gross i know!). Yogurt contains live cultures which are called acidophilus that neutralize the bacteria in the pores helping treat blemishes and stop new ones from forming. If you get any yogurts with citrus like lemon, pineapple, or oranges ect. flavored yogurt, it will contain alpha hidroxy acid which will help exfoliate your skin by dissolving the top layer away.Personally I buy plain Greek yogurt and squeeze lemon juice, mix, and apply to my face. If you have bad acne, put it on once a day till it clears up!

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

I heard here on the site that you can drink a cup of hot water with lemon in the morning and at the evening, also drink as much simple water and in some weeks you’ll see the results on your skin.I want to try this too.

miianne
Style_council
miianne

Try using Kate Sommerville Acne kit! It worked for me. It comes with a cleanser, exfoliator, moisturizor and a pimple eradikate. The kit is about $50 but it’ll last you a good couple months.

MiianneFashionDiary.blogspot.com

Abigail17
Style_council
Abigail17

I would suggest going to see a dermatologist. They can make diet and topical treatment suggestions for you and prescribe antibiotics that will reduce redness and help reduce scarring.

If you’re really on a budget, you should still make sure you’re eating healthily – no fried foods, no greasy foods, plenty of water, and make sure you’re getting enough sleep. That’s so important!

Beyond that, wash your face with a gentle cleanser once a day or every time you take off makeup. Exfoliate gently once a week. Apply topical over the counter treatments like Clearasil or Neutrogena.

The key is helping your face stay balanced. Too much soap, too much scrubbing – they all lead to your face overcompensating with extra oil and you’ll break out. If you don’t wash enough or remove dead skin cells often enough, you’ll still break out.

Remember, treat yourself well!

cecilej
Style_council
cecilej

This is what I have been doing for 4 months and the result is spectacular! :)

- Eat healthy food and drink lots of water, and take a daily capsule of brewer’s yeast (It really helps). vitamins and sun (with sun protector of course) are very important too.

- Change your pillow case very regularly, especially if your skin tends to be oily

- wash your face twice a day, but don’t scrub too much, and even if your skin is oily, moisturizing is extremely important!

- I have a whole weekly facial treatment that is efficient: first, remove your makeup, use your cleanser. gently scrub (I use an electric facial brush found on the Internet) and massage your face. Boil a pot of water, and place your face over it (cover your head with a sheet) : it’s like a sauna, it opens your pores and all the dirt is coming out! you can stay about 5 minutes like this, and then rinse with warm water and some gentle soap if you like. Then you can apply your mask. I mix green clay, tea tree essential oil and raw honey, and leave it on my face for 15 minutes, then I rinse, apply a lotion and a moisturizer.

- For the products you can use, there are plenty of different brands you can try. “Acne.org” is raved about on youtube and I think it contents benzoyl peroxide, but I never tried it.

Personally, I use the Clinique 3 steps S.O.S blemishes and it worked perfectly well for me, but it’s quite expensive. I have written a short article about it and left links to their websites on my blog, and how to use them: http://maxcebycecilej.blogspot.fr/2012/11/daily-skincare-with-clinique.html Hope I have been helpful :)

GOODOWL
New_user GOODOWL is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When GOODOWL reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
GOODOWL

I just posted about a great foundation to cover up acne as. Have the same problem! Before and after shots aswell :) http://thegoodowl.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/beauty-mac-haul.html?m=1 xx

DariaNadasan
Style_council
DariaNadasan

A brilliant cream to worked for everyone I know is BREVOXYL. My dermatologist recommended it for me and it’s really amazing, as in less then a month it cleared out all my acne :) The only scary thing is that at first it will dry your skin a bit, but it’s all part of the process. Please try it, you’ve got nothing to lose, as it’s not too expensive either

sly1
New_user sly1 is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When sly1 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
sly1

Try a skin peel with AHA acid, such as salicylic acid peel. You could either have it done by a professional or diy (go to www.medpeel.co.uk.) Test first for allergic reaction before use. Worked great for a friend of mine. Don’t just take my word for it, seek professional advice before attempting.

BleakandWet
Style_council
BleakandWet

I agree with Madam123! I’ve been using greek yogurt as a mask on my face once a week with a pinch of salt or sugar mixed in to exfoliate. It really helps with my acne on my forehead and chin, and I think my blackheads become a little less noticeable. Only downside is the scent – your face will smell faintly like yogurt, but you should be able to get rid of it by using scented toner. I have oily skin as well. Over time, I’ve gotten fewer breakouts from using this routine…now I only get them before my periods :)

Amazona
New_user Amazona is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Amazona reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Amazona

You should read about OCM – Oil Cleansing Method. Basically it’s all about using castor oil combined with any other oil that suits your skin to clean your face once or twice a day. Castor oil reduces the production of sebum and also cleans pores. I found it helpful. It also improved my skin tone.
I recommend it. Just read some articles about it and try out the oil proportions that are best for you. Even if in the begging you will observe more acne give don’t stop,give it a try, this can occur because of the cleaning process.

virgita
New_user virgita is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When virgita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
virgita

you can try natural skin care to oily skin type, try lemon mask

Beautee
New_user Beautee is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Beautee reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Beautee

I really like Proactiv I use it once in awhile especially before that “time of month” when I am really oily. I started taking Biotin tablets from the health food store. It has silica in it which is huge with helping skin from the inside out. Everything about my skin has improved. My all time favorite thing for moisturizing my face and controlling oil is YumeBlush Not only is it all natural, it comes in out of this world flavors it’s edible and tastes really fruity! It makes me feel like a smooth peach. lol. Plus, I drink 8 glasses of water a day.

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

I recommend the alpha hydrox brand. I switched over to their clarifying cleanser about three months ago and it is a pretty decent cleanser. But the real deal product I love is the Oil treatment 10% glycolic aha. At first I thought it was an oil treatment but there is actually no oil in it. I have oily skin and there is a noticeable difference with my oil production. It does sting but i also find it helps to heal any scars from picking at pimples so much faster

thepigs
Style_council
thepigs

A good moisturizer for me is Clinique’s Dramatically Different (something like that XD) gel because it’s light on my skin but moisturizing. Normal moisturizers feel sticky and heavy on my skin now XD Your skin is the best 2 weeks after your period so take extra good care of it so you won’t break out 2 weeks before XD To be honest, nothing’s really worked for me so I just try to drink lots of water, use oil blotting sheets, and do my best to not pick at scars or pimples. Scars take 3 months to heal but the healing process takes longer as you get older. I wouldn’t recommend buying ointments that help scars because they usually need 3-6 or 6-8 months until you see scars fade, and that’s how long it takes naturally. Good luck!

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I used egg whites and lemon juice. It works like magic! My pores are tiny and I have no zits :)

Thanya
New_user Thanya is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Thanya reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Thanya

I know how you feel! Been there and done that…..I have super oily skin and deal with pimple for years.
I tried lots of products but after all…. I found “Paula’s choice”
They have so many product for acne problem but I will recommend you to use balancing toner and BHA liquid. They are great to clear acne. Be patient as it will take about few months for this process. Btw, for cleansing i like Cetaphil, very gentle even for break out :)

anyelina
Style_council
anyelina

i was breaking out so badly couple of months ago and i foud this girl on youtube , that did this tumeric mask . I immidiatly went to the store and bought all ingridients . And let me tell you i havent had a single pimple since then . Turns out tumeric its so effective when treating acne . I did some research about it and its my go to mask everyother day .
Tumeric powder , Besan flour u can purchase at any indian store , Honey and reg milk
Mix all those ingredients in a bowl until u get like a paste consistency paste . Then apply to your face . Dont panic if tour fingers and face are like a yellowish color it will wash away when u wash your face and hands . ( tumeric will stain so b careful , not to get on your clothes and stuff) .It even lightens old acne scars and it will brighten your face . follow with a great mousterizer .

Sunflower2014
New_user Sunflower2014 is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Sunflower2014 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Sunflower2014

Hey everyone,

I just participated in a an awesome Facebook contest with over $1000 in skincare products. With Valentine’s Day right around the corner it’s the perfect gift for yourself or loved one. Check it out here :) https://apps.facebook.com/sweepstakeshq/contests/313934/entries/new

REPLY TO DISCUSSION