Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

I feel like this day in age, with the Internet and Netflix, we can pretty much watch any show that’s been debuted from any country when ever we please. Which leads me to this question:

What is your favorite show that is originally, or still is, from a different country?

posted almost 3 years ago
KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

To answer my own question, Doctor Who is my favorite. I’m an American, and though we do have BBCA, I watch my Doctor Who online with no commercial breaks. I also love BBC Sherlock and The Office UK.

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

love the bbc sherlock :) although the way they try to incorporate modern technology is kind of a fail lol. sherlock updating his blog about new clues? soo random

NowhereGirl
Style_council
NowhereGirl

Well, since I’m from Sweden, the most of my favorite tv-shows come from USA (I do really love Supernatural, Mad Men, Pan Am, True Blood, How I Met Your Mother, Big Love, Criminal Minds, and maybe some more…). I mostly watch them on the tv, because most of the shows we have come from USA (some I do watch on the Internet, because you are always so far ahead in USA).

But, if I should pick something that isn’t from USA, I also have a lot of favorites. Mostly from the UK. Downton Abbey, BBC Sherlock, The House of Eliott and Brideshead Revisited. I really love british costume dramas, no matter if they are old or new.

BeckyBedbug
Style_council
BeckyBedbug

Well I’m English so our TV is all from the UK or American. Therefore, I don’t think American TV really counts as something from a different country since it’s shown everywhere else in the world.

So I don’t know. I don’t think I’ve ever seen something that’s not from these two. Except maybe Kath and Kim but I wouldn’t put that in my list of favourites.

S_agapoxxx
Style_council
S_agapoxxx

I could quote loads of US stuff really, as I am from the UK. I’ll pick something different – an Aussie drama, ‘The Slap’ based on the best selling book. Phenomenal :)

posted over 2 years ago

StffLndg
Style_council
StffLndg

Hanazakari no kimi from Japan. Great comedy!

posted over 2 years ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

cashmere mafia

posted over 2 years ago

kelseykelsey
Style_council
kelseykelsey

The IT Crowd, from the UK! LOVE!

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Great topic! Right now, I really love Misfits from England. Absolutely Fabulous will always be one of my favorites :)

posted over 2 years ago

sottolestelle
Style_council
sottolestelle

I like Downton Abbey from the UK and a few italian shows too :)

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION