SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  mr selfridgeperiod dramasthe paradise
DelightfulDecember
Style_council
DelightfulDe...

Since this is a fashion site, I think this is a perfect place to share two recent period drama series: Mr. Selfridge and The Paradise.

Both of these series are mainly about the retail system/ work in the department store that takes place during the late 19th century England. If you’re familiar with the Selfridges company (a bit like Nordstrom) and history behind the company, I’m sure Mr. Selfridge would be kind of a giveaway to what this drama is about. The Paradise, on the other hand, leans toward from a female’s point of view in sales work. The characters from the Paradise are fictional (based from a French novel). So far, I like the Paradise a bit more.

posted over 4 years ago
BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

Ohhhh these sound really interesting! I like looking watching period dramas from time to time, I’ll have to check one of these out as soon as I’m caught up on Boardwalk Empire!

posted over 4 years ago

DelightfulDecember
Style_council
DelightfulDe...

I never heard of Boardwalk Empire, until now. >.< I realized Steve Buscemi is in it. Too bad I don’t have HBO, maybe I’ll just buy some seasons over Amazon.

posted over 4 years ago

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

I’ve heard good things about Mr. Selfridge! I’m going to start watching it soon.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
or login below
Username
Password