Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Blessedwithmusic
Style_council
Blessedwithm...

What was your favorite moment from the 2013 Oscars/Academy Awards?

posted almost 2 years ago
LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

My favorite was the red carpet interviews of course! Lol. I think I watch the oscars just for the red carpet fashion honestly.

The saddest moment was when Bill Westenhofer came on stage to receive his award for VFX for Life of Pi. He thanked everyone that helped out in the movie, but when he tried bringing up the subject of Rhythm & Hues (the VFX house behind Life of Pi) filing for bankruptcy , loud orchestra music started blasting and cut his speech instantly. :( VFX artists are under appreciated in the film industry, and it’s sad that even the oscars wouldn’t acknowledge this issue.

Ayesharonaify
Style_council
Ayesharonaify

Jennifer Lawrence award winning speech after the show. and of course Daniel Radcliffe’s parts :D

SarawrSmiles
Style_council
SarawrSmiles

OMG! I loved how they had Captain Kirk! That was just so cool!

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

that was pretty messed up when they cut his speech off like that, you could tell the whole audience was uncomfortable.

I didn’t really have a favorite moment, but I was wondering—was the “Ted” an animatronic robot, or a really convincing puppet?

Blessedwithmusic
Style_council
Blessedwithm...

I was wondering that too! Just found this article; it says Ted was CGI: http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/oscars-2013-ted-appearance-mark-wahlberg/

REPLY TO DISCUSSION