Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ashbash3000
Style_council
ashbash3000

I was in the 5th grade. We were in the middle of a spelling Bee when a voice on the loud speaker told us the tragedy. My teacher turned on the radio; we heard the event unfold. I went home early, distraught at the idea of someone hurting our country. I sat on the couch with my family still trying to understand. The memories of that day are still in my head. “May you never forget what is worth remembering, nor ever remember what is best forgotten”

posted about 3 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I was a freshman in high school and watched the entire thing live on the TV in my Biology class just before the other plane hit the second tower. (Someone had turned on the news during passing period, and when I saw it I first thought, “Why is that building burning?” Moments later the second plane hit and, well, that answered my question /-:). It’s definitely one of those days I can watch over and over like a movie in my head.

I was/am a pacifist anyway, but I especially hate political violence aimed at unprepared, innocent civilians, so I was angry and upset. But I was also scared for the way Americans would react, too. I was already into history then, and I knew how these things usual go: when people are afraid, they are irrational and sometimes very hateful. I was really worried about what would come after and whether any of it would be positive.

I wrote a post yesterday about my current feelings on what the legacy of 9/11 should be. 10 years later I’m still trying to find the best way to think about the day.

posted about 3 years ago

FashionTrendsMore
Style_council
FashionTrend...

I was in 1st grade- I barely remember it

posted about 3 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I remember waking up to my parents watching the TV—they literally never watch it, so I knew something must have happened. I didn’t really comprehend the magnitude of the event until the school faculty talked to us. I remember having a moment of silence in my 6th grade core class.

posted about 3 years ago

trishayluvbieber
Style_council
trishayluvbi...

I was 4.

posted almost 3 years ago

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

I was 6 or 7, and didn’t grasp what was happening at all. I saw it on the news and told my mom something to the effect of “there’s a building on fire” and she freaked out and called my aunt, but beyond that it’s hazy.

posted almost 3 years ago

KeilaFromPR
Style_council
KeilaFromPR

in 5th grade “the end of the world”

posted about 2 years ago

clara101
Style_council
clara101

I was still around 7 or 8, so I thought that the footage of the planes crashing into the towers were just clips from a new TV show or something!

posted about 2 years ago

BeckyBedbug
Style_council
BeckyBedbug

I’m from England so it happened towards the end of the school day.

I was in year 9 (13 years old) and my mum was working a little later that day so when my younger brother and I got home, we were alone. We turned on the TV and the news was on. We didn’t really notice it, just turned over to the channel we usually watched, and the news was on there aswell. That’s when we realised something was up so we watched it.

The girl who lived next door was locked out. We opened the window so she could stand in our front garden and watch it.

I remember being terrified and thinking there would be a war. I remember thinking London would be next and my dad lived in London. We live right near a big army base so I was terrified that our town would be targetted. I was mostly correct.

posted about 2 years ago

paamek
Style_council
paamek

I was 4.

posted about 2 years ago

HotPants
Style_council
HotPants

Dude. Really? I feel like people say 9/11 and everyone feeds off of it.

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION