Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Dorcasm
Style_council
Dorcasm

I was wondering what people thought of the images in V’s size issue which has been floating around the web for a while now, i think the actual issue comes out today(!)

Whilst I like the fact that they’ve used plus size models (Love crystal Renn!!!), ive read alot of comments online how the magazine is taking it too far becuase the models are unhealthy and “overweight” I really dont think you can comment on a person’s health based on an image, and there are lots of variations of healthy whether you’re skinny, slim or curvier!!

i agree with the fact that normal sized people are being ignored – e.g. its either skinny models or plus size models – ive yet to see (on a regular basis) models who are size 10, 12, 14 (uk sizes – i think US sizes its 4, 6, 8) and i think magazines should be realistic about the images they promote.

i dnt think being skinny automatically makes you unhealthy, but i dnt think being ‘fat’ or a size 16 automatically means you are unhealthy. i like the spread with the skinny model and crystal renn, i think crystal renn looks amazing in some shots, and i think the other model, (Jacquelyn Jablonski, looked amazing as well. both look healthy and beautiful.

anyway essay over, im just wondering what you’re opinions are…

posted almost 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION