Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
HarryintheHat
Style_council
HarryintheHat

The university town here (Uni of Maine at Farmington) is experiencing a protest today. Some ladies wish to march down the street, topless, to protest the fact that it’s not generally accepted for us ladies to do such a thing (apart from beaches, etc). Here in Maine, it’s NOT illegal for girls to go topless in the street, and these girls want to promote this fact, and somehow make it popular for all girls to go topless if they wish.

I’m a bit doubtful about this: firstly, I have NO ISSUE WHATSOEVER with the topless concept; all power to ‘em. But surely by bringing it to attention it’ll cause narrow minded people to complain and try and MAKE it illegal? Plus it’s a western cultural thing that topless=kinda more private. I don’t actually appreciate topless MEN on the streets; in the park or the beach is another matter ;-), and same for the ladies, i think.

Is this a style statement, an attention-seeking statement, a women’s rights thing, or a western-culture-being-shy thing?! (of course, it’s all of the above). What does anyone else think? Basically this is going to attract all the local rednecks, and then these girls are gonna bitch that it was a gawk fest! I just think there may be a better way to make the point?

Would YOU do it?! (I wouldn’t, but I’ve been topless on the beach plenty, so I’m not against the topless idea, just not sure about the context….)

posted over 4 years ago
1 3
RayofSunshine91
Style_council
RayofSunshine91

put ur clothes on! no body wants to walk down the street and have to look at ur nipples just cuz u feel like it. u wouldnt want some guy walkin around with his junk hangin out would you? didnt think so…so put those away…save a little for the imagination…leave a little to be desired instead of puttin it all out there

posted over 3 years ago

TheUglyDuckling
New_user TheUglyDuckling is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When TheUglyDuckling reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
TheUglyDuckling

Won’t catch me doing that voluntarily, lol.
But some people are more comfortable doing it than I am so good for them C:
Only in designated areas though, please.

posted over 3 years ago

Mutterfly
New_user Mutterfly is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Mutterfly reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Mutterfly

it sends a clear message that you’re CHEAP

posted over 3 years ago
1 3
REPLY TO DISCUSSION