Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ItsPaolaXoXo
Style_council
ItsPaolaXoXo

!!!!SPOILER ALERT FOR THE 1ST SATC MOVIE!!!!

OK before I get completely ripped apart here:

#1: I’ve watched the show since the pilot on hbo and I have and always will love it.
#2: The first movie was OKAY. I thought that the characters weren’t acting like themselves at all. It was like a big production and changes were made so that the whole thing could fit into a movie timeline. It was an okay movie – and the ending was tied off in perfect Carrie fashion with Big proposing to her with the blue bejeweled Manolos.

HOWEVER. Big However.

#3: WTF IS UP WITH THE SECOND MOVIE?! I am a big fan of the whole show and I’d hate for this to ruin it for me! Obviously I’m going to watch it (like watching the Boondock Saints part 2 when you KNOW in your gut that nothing can ever compare to the first one). But honestly, Sex and the City… except it’s not in New York. And I’m not saying that it HAS to be in New York but that was the whole thing with Carrie and the other girls – they were gals in NYC out to have a great time. Carrie’s column was all about it! And so now the plot is that she goes to Dubai on vacation with her girlfriends and she sees Aidan?! It feels so forced, like trying to make a stiff cocktail out of champange. I’m sure the wit and punch and puns will still be there but I wish the premise of the story didn’t feel too crazy forced.

Or maybe I’m just being picky.

What do you guys think?

posted almost 4 years ago
Chahana
Style_council
Chahana

i didnt read your whole post cos i thought it’ll give away stuff aabout the second movie which i havnt watched yet.
i cant wait for it to come out in aus! i’m a massive fan myself, watcher the whole series about 6 times, im on my 7th atm AHAHAHHAH love love love it!

HandbagsandGladrags
Style_council
HandbagsandG...

!!!!SPOILER ALERT FOR THE 1ST SATC MOVIE!!!!

itsapaolabitch – I’m a bit confused by your post. You say that the second movie ends with Big proposing with the manolo’s bit that’s actually the first movie. The third movie has only just been announced and hasnt even started filming yet. The second movie aka sex and the city 2 is out here in the uk at the end of may.

However i do agree with you. I’m a bit doubtful that it’s going to be as good as the tv show or even the first movie. I can handle one movie, a second i think is gratuitous, a third is just selling out.

Oh and if anyone gives away any spoilers can you please put it in a big SPOILER FONT cos i dont know anything about it and would like it to stay that way :)

ItsPaolaXoXo
Style_council
ItsPaolaXoXo

OMG HandbagsandGladrags, thank you for catching that! I didn’t even realize what I wrote haha

“I can handle one movie, a second i think is gratuitous, a third is just selling out.” -COULDN’T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF.

HandbagsandGladrags
Style_council
HandbagsandG...

Lol no worries.

I recently bought cosmopolitan magazine and glamour magazine (uk versions) and they’re both satc 2 crazy! I love satc but i’m getting a bit imune to its power now because of all the hype. I remember when the first film came out, I was so excited. I even picked a ‘carrie’ outfit to wear to the cinema but now I’m kind of smiling through my teeth when people talk about the second movie.

SeekingStyle
Style_council
SeekingStyle

I didn’t watch the show until the re-runs were on TBS (didn’t have HBO) and I saw the first movie and I really liked it (although I thought it was weird the girls though Miranda should forgive Steve, but Carrie shouldn’t forgive Big….lol). I’m going to assume that the vacation is not the entire movie and that’s just what’s mostly in the trailer because they have been guarding the script (as they did with the first) really heavily, so they didn’t want to spoil anything.

diana_l
Style_council
diana_l

I love Sex and the City but I also find forced this new film.Aidan come on ?!!!
I did not liked the guy first time…and now…him again
now way!!
No matter what…I like Big a lot(I also watch The good wife … because Big is in it :)
Anyway I can not wait for the movie…but I kinda have the feeling that I’ll be a bit disapointed.We will see !!!
It will be intresting to create a new topic after we see the movie…to share opinions :)

prettycolors
Style_council
prettycolors

SPOILER ALERT?
Most of the movie is the vacation.
Ok so I heard SJP talking about the movie and she said they only made the second one bc of the fans, so I think it makes sense they went some where glamorous like Dubai so the fans could see a bunch of fashion and I’m pretty sure Aiden was the fan favorite. I always wanted Carrie to end up with him, but I really didn’t like him in this movie!

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

still need to watch!!! ):

brandismiles
Style_council
brandismiles

I don’t know. I think I was so excited to see all the girls again that it didn’t matter that the movie was pandering a little bit. I mean, unfortunately it wasn’t made to satisfy fans but to capitalize on the sex and the city franchise. Therefore I guess the finer points of the characters personalities were trimmed a little bit to make them more broadly appealing (I mean, Miranda’s pro-feminist sarcastic persona was cut down into a talking travel book that occasionally says “Whoo!” to seem alive) and since there is a weird thing in Hollywood where filmmakers and producers think that sequels aren’t sequels unless they cost three times the budget of the original film, so that’s why they made it a huge international production instead of making them stay in New York. But for me the friendship was still there and so was the biting wit (I love that bit about the gay wedding in the beginning) So I was largely satisfied by it.

xoxopaige
Style_council
xoxopaige

i am ashamed to say that i still have not seen the second movie! perhaps this weekend…

d0rki3
Style_council
d0rki3

I found it hilarious near the end. I was just excited to see the girls and the clothes again. OMG the clothes!! So beautiful. It was a good chick flick, i just hope they stop making films like another sex and the city 3. It just needs to stop, because how much more of this can they do before they become annoying if they haven’t already to some.

Head2Heels
Style_council
Head2Heels

I have never watched any of the series and not even the first movie but I ended up watching the 2nd one with my bf. It was a laugh and pretty good. I loved the clothes but all four women look too old (I know its their age) but I wish they dressed up according to age and not like girls celebrating their Sweet 16

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

It was.. medium

posted almost 2 years ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

It was.. medium

posted almost 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION