SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
SpammishRice
Style_council
SpammishRice

Filippa Hamilton fired from Ralph Lauren

Have you all seen this? It was plastered all over news pages. She claims she was fired for no longer fitting into Ralph Lauren’s sample sizes (she’s a size 4, hardly a cow). Ralph Lauren’s reps are saying she was fired for not meeting her contractual obligations, which could mean just about anything. Considering they got into a crapload of trouble for Photoshopping her to the point of cartoonish proportions, Ralph Lauren’s argument doesn’t look too strong.

Hamilton’s modeled for the company for 8 years, since she was 15. I can’t imagine what suddenly triggered a firing, other than her age or her apparently increased size.

posted almost 5 years ago
1 2
Haunt5r
Style_council
Haunt5r

wow i cant believe it! yeah i read this too, she was beautiful. The media is really good at making people believe they aren’t good enough. It makes me sick. This poor girl, I bet another designer brand snatched her up, shes gorgeous.

posted over 4 years ago

JalisaRiley
Style_council
JalisaRiley

thats outrageous

posted over 4 years ago

feketkutyak
Style_council
feketkutyak

There’s NO WAY that Photoshopped pic was an actual ad for Ralph Lauren. I think someone went back and did extra ‘tweaking’…I mean, has anyone actually SEEN that photograph anywhere? What editor would ever let that pass? It’s just ridiculous…

posted over 4 years ago

kaydyanful
Style_council
kaydyanful

oh my gosh! she is beautiful! that is so terrible! and who are they to say?! peoples bodies just change as they get older. its not her fault she’s not unhealthy and oddly skinny!

posted over 4 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION